Respected Contributor

Re: What moment in your life do you wish had been photographed?

A Mother and Baby photograph when my son was an infant.   i was the camera buff  and was the one always taking pictures. I had the baby portraits taken of him when they use to have the photographer packages at the dept. stores. Just never occurred to me to be in the photos with him... i wish now that i had.

Respected Contributor

At this time of my life, I'd say none. I have many photos of special moments to reminisce on occasion. But, having lost so many of my family, I don't enjoy viewing them as much, anymore. They're just reminders of loss and they only have meaning for me. When I'm gone, they'll be discarded. A downer, but true.

Frequent Contributor

I wish I had taken a picture of my deceased's husband body draped in an American flag when the mortuary took his body from our home.  We were all crying because it was such a special moment.  Did not think about a picture until much later.

Honored Contributor

Any baby picture of me, my 'Mommy Dearest' was just like the movie, if you got on her nerves, punishment would follow.

My punishment was that my baby pictures were destroyed by her, took them off the wall and threw them, frame and all, out into the back yard for the next rain to ruin, but everyone was prevented from trying to save them.

That's not even accounting for her physical abuse toward me over the years, but not my siblings.

When I was 40 years old, I found out why this punishment was only directed at me and not my siblings.....I was illegitimate and a bad reminder of what she'd done.

Haven't seen or spoke to her in over 20 years, not sure if she's even alive....don't really care, but blast me for that if you feel the need.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Why would anyone blast you, it's your 'mother' who needs blasting.

Esteemed Contributor

@estaw2000 wrote:

A picture of my Daddy & me!

@estaw2000 Me too.  I wish I had a photo of my father and me - and just my father and me.  There may be some when I was little, but none as adults.  Yes there are some with us and our family, maybe some of my parents and me.  But there is something special about having the photo of just the two of us.  After he passed, I made sure to get some of just my Mom and me.  She died a year ago tomorrow.  Seems like yesterday.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Back in 1987 when then husband walked into our home in Arkansas and said you got your wish, we are going back to our home in Texas.  Give our tenants notice to vacate our house. 

Arkansas was great but after two years of that transfer I was ready to go home!!!!! 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Any baby picture of me, my 'Mommy Dearest' was just like the movie, if you got on her nerves, punishment would follow.

My punishment was that my baby pictures were destroyed by her, took them off the wall and threw them, frame and all, out into the back yard for the next rain to ruin, but everyone was prevented from trying to save them.

That's not even accounting for her physical abuse toward me over the years, but not my siblings.

When I was 40 years old, I found out why this punishment was only directed at me and not my siblings.....I was illegitimate and a bad reminder of what she'd done.

Haven't seen or spoke to her in over 20 years, not sure if she's even alive....don't really care, but blast me for that if you feel the need.

@KingstonsMom So sorry that happened to you.

With all the talk of forest fires and hurricanes and earthquakes, you always wonder what items you would take with you if you had to evacuate.  I suppose most people think of their photos, and that is what I would take.  BUT, to be honest, we have tons of photos of our kids, and we RARELY ever look at them.  If they were all lost, I don't think I would be as devastated as I imagine I would be.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

A picture of me as an infant. I only have from 2 years old and up.  A picture of me  as an infant in my Mothers arms.... wonder why they never took an baby of me? I am the third child😪

Valued Contributor

I am very camera shy, so I have very few pictures of me. I do wish I had some pictures of when I was pregnant with my second. I have a few from my first but none from my second. I feel kind of selfish now that I don't have any to show my son.