Valued Contributor

I like to order from various places.  Most of the  orders now come by a of USPS.  Over the last couple of months my carrier has delivered my mail without my packages.  The packages register as delivered .  However, when I go to my mailbox they are not there.  I have to call the supervisor to have her come back to my home.  A few months ago only part of my delivery was delivered.  I had to go to the post office to pick up the second box or have it delivered the next day.  The supervisor knows about the poor service.  However, nothing changes.  This post office has awful ratings.  I almost hate to order anything lately.  Is there something that I can do to improve the service?

Honored Contributor

Packages are usually not delivered by your normal carrier

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

My USPS packages are always delivered by my regular carrier. We only get someone else if she's out.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine are delivered by my regular carrier unless it's something out of the ordinary like a gigantic box or super heavy. The carrier usually rings the doorbell and leaves it in a safe place. 

Valued Contributor

Re: What To Do?

[ Edited ]

My carrier delivers the mail and packages together.  Some of the reviews for this post office indicate possibe theft.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

They absolutely are!! Who else delivers them? My mail carrier leaves my small packages in my box out at the street or if I have something larger she drives up my driveway and drops it off on my back porch! 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I wonder if you have a thief following USPS to take the packages. We had someone following UPS during holidays to take porch packages.

Honored Contributor

The only thing I can suggest is to report the sitaution to your regional (not local) postmaster. Odds are they already know... You can keep going up the chain, but I wish you good luck with that one...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

It doesn't seem like theft is a problem here. Just incompetence. The only thing that you can do is to call the Post Office every time it happens & talk to someone.

Hopefully with enough complaints they will fix the problem. 

It's either the person sorting the mail or loading the mail or delivering the mail.

My daughter & her husband have a business that requires them to receive a lot of packages delivered & their USPS carrier doesn't like to deliver the boxes.

FedEx, UPS, DHL have no problems, but USPS....pfft.

Trusted Contributor

I would write to the postmaster of your local post office and if nothing improves take it higher.