Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday my DH came into the room while I was watching QVC.  The five diamond band was being shown, and he was insistent he wanted to buy me the one carat version as a gift for our 50th wedding anniversary, which is tomorrow.  He has already gotten me a gift but is a very generous person.  So he opened a Q card account for monthly payments and ordered me the ring.

What a surprise this morning!  The ring arrived.  However, when I opened the package, there was an "As Is" red sticker on the plastic bag, as well as an "As Is" statement under the bar code on the bag.  Now, he did not order an "As Is" ring.  I did try on the ring and liked it, but I never ever saw an "As Is" item for full price.

I called Customer Service and was routed to one person after another, and finally told a supervisor with authority was busy and they could not keep me on hold any longer.  It would tie up the line.  My contention was that I should not have to pay the full price of $1200 for an "As Is" item, as one rep had told me that the "As Is" price would be $787.

I was told that the item number on my invoice was not an "As Is" number.  I think the fault here lies with QVC.  After waiting home for a call back, a customer rep told me that Corporate had made a decision that I could (1) send the item back for credit or (2) keep the ring and get a credit of $300 for future purchases.  I said this was unacceptable.

I fail to understand why I cannot get the "As Is" price for an "As Is" ring.  One rep did give me the "As Is" item number for this ring, and the message there says there are no items available at this time.  This whole scenario does not make sense to me.  If QVC wants a return of this item, why not give me the "As Is" price for what has been marked as an "As Is" item?  Do they intend to repackage the ring and resell it as new?  I don't know.

What I do know is that I am so done with shopping at QVC.  I pointed out to one rep that we have spent thousands of dollars at QVC through the past several years.  We have been good customers, and she did note that.  Is this how QVC treats good customers?  well, the ring is going back.  My DH is more upset than I am, as he wanted me to wear this ring at our anniversary party tomorrow night.  We are both angry and very upset and will be canceling our account at QVC.  I don't want this ring, as the way this was handled has destroyed my desire to keep or wear it.

Honored Contributor

Re: What Has Happened to QVC?

Id have a jeweler examine the ring and if there's nothing wrong,  I'd assume the sticker is there in error.   You yourself should be able to see if there any fault with the ring,  like if it was smashed or missing a stone.   If it's fine,  I'd accept their offer and consider it a bargain. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT   Sorry to hear about the disappointing way you were treated by the Q. I hope you  still have a lovely anniversary.  I would return the ring and go out to a good local jeweler with your sweet Hubby and together buy you both can pick out a new ring. 

Honored Contributor

I'd sleep on it. You can still wear the ring to the party, to please your husband, and you may decide you want it after all

Esteemed Contributor

Id have a jeweler examine the ring and if there's nothing wrong,  I'd assume the sticker is there in error.   You yourself should be able to see if there any fault with the ring,  like if it was smashed or missing a stone.   If it's fine,  I'd accept their offer and consider it a bargain

@Kachina624  I agree with you,If the ring is perfect, heck I could find a way to spend 300.00 real fast.  IMO that was pretty generous of an offer.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they are having issues.  I ordered something and the same thing happened... AS IS.  I am an AS IS buyer but this time around that is not the way I ordered it.  I guess I should have said something it was a few days ago that it arrived in perfect condition and to my liking.  I think it may have been on Clearance, but on AS IS.  

And I ordered the LUG Wheelie and then had second thoughts.  So I cancelled it immediately.  You guessed it.  It came in yesterday.  I do like it and I cannot find it anywhere else at any price... so I am keeping it.  But the whole thing seems like they are losing it.   

Must be something that is going on in shipping.... 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with   you and your husband...i would return the ring......and as you said..... the situation would ruin or destroy my desire to keep it also....

Then i would go to a local jeweler with my husband and pick out something lovely together..

Esteemed Contributor

Well, the plot thickens.  My DH returned from all his errands and shopping.  He called QVC, and the rep he spoke with agreed that we should be billed for an "As Is" watch.  she credited our card for the difference.  He explained the whole scenario, and she did not need to be convinced.  Go figure.

On a funny note, he had multiple copies of our wedding picture made to hand out at the party.  We both agreed we looked exactly the same, except he now is wearing glasses, and I now have a different hairstyle.  Love is indeed blind.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

.... no problem and everything is just hunky dory.  Glad to hear it. 

Honored Contributor

I think it turned out fairly.  Too bad it took two calls to get resolution.