Honored Contributor

Have you seen the comedian who says, "Here's Your sign" ?

Jeff Foxworthy? Well, what would your sign be? What would the picture for you be today? Or Bill Engle? Him I think, Bill.

Carol Burnette's Washer Woman would be mine today. Not from cleaning, just tired from tending to our little ball of energy fluffy dog. We adore her, and she gives us a run for our money. We laugh a lot with her.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you seen the comedian who says, "Here's Your sign" ?

@qualitygal wrote:

Jeff Foxworthy? Well, what would your sign be? What would the picture for you be today? Or Bill Engle? Him I think, Bill.

Carol Burnette's Washer Woman would be mine today. Not from cleaning, just tired from tending to our little ball of energy fluffy dog. We adore her, and she gives us a run for our money. We laugh a lot with her.

@qualitygal

I haven't come across a "there's your sign" moment yet today, but we enjoyed The Blue Collar comedians. All, very funny individually and together.

Esteemed Contributor

The picture for me today:   Jackie Gleason...How Sweet it is.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

I never get never stood when he would say "Her's your sign" or "There's your sign," and people would laugh. What sign? What does that mean? I have always wondered, so I'm glad to have a chance to ask. 

Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannE

From wikipedia...

...[it] refers to a routine [comedic] framework commonly used by Engvall, which begins with his stating that stupid people should have to wear warning signs that simply state "I'm stupid." He'll then go on to tell several anecdotes in which someone asks an asinine question, and the question is then answered sarcastically, followed by the statement: "Here's your sign!" For example, a trucker gets his truck stuck under an overpass, and the responding policeman asks "Hey, you get your truck stuck?" The trucker answers, "No sir, I was delivering that overpass and I ran out of gas. Here's your sign."

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

I know it is Engvall (.so) but I never understood what he meant. He used it after lots of stories, so I still am confused, not that it matters! 

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

If I remember correctly Jeff Foxworthy used the saying "you know you're a redneck, if"