Respected Contributor

well,I just got a txt back.shes angy I can tell.her txt read,I'll send a ck in the mail.no,im sorry I forgot,just ill send. In mail.omg ,this is turning into I am the bad person here.

Esteemed Contributor

It'san upsetting situation, but next time just buy your own gift. I'm too uncomfortable going in on a gift with other people, having to ask them for money for it. I've always just bought my own gift in it I've been happy that way.

Respected Contributor

Did you text a few hours ago or has it been longer? Sometimes it takes me a day to get back with anybody including family unless it's an emergency. You seem stressed but you didn't do anything wrong sending a reminder & I'm sure it will all work out with no hard feelings....stay positive @Luvsmyfam.

Honored Contributor

I get the total picture here, and can relate; been there, done that.  

However, for me personally I would let it go; the money is never worth the angst it creates, and it's never been the hill I want to die on.

I HATE family drama and refuse to make, or add to any.   

Honored Contributor

Here's what I think (which means zip...I realize).

I think it's evolved to where you have to decide how important it is to you to get the money from your sister-in-law or just write off the money and move on.

The next time (if there is a next time) you should get the money up front.

Just forget about it.  Consider it a lesson learned.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

well,I just got a txt back.shes angy I can tell.her txt read,I'll send a ck in the mail.no,im sorry I forgot,just ill send. In mail.omg ,this is turning into I am the bad person here.

@Luvsmyfam    You know you didn't do anything wrong so don't let her lay on the guilt.  Cash her check, if and when it arrives, and move on and forget it.  Just don't let her owe you money again. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

no,it wasn't a few hrs,and yes,something could have came up with her.i guess damage is done.no one needs family drama in their life.we are having a big family picture taken in august.of course her and my brother will be there.gosh,I have such a pit in my stomach right now.i have to admit,it's nice having a place to share feelings good or bad.

Thank you all

Super Contributor

My response to the text would be,  Thanks!  I appreciate it.  I'll pop you a notewhen it arrives.

Then put it all behind you.  It just is not worth it.

Hope the shower was lovely!

Valued Contributor

It was from HER too... She should pay. No questions about it. Don't you feel bad. YOU did nothing wrong. Give it a couple of days and see how you feel about it. Not worth the stress. Heart

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

no,it wasn't a few hrs,and yes,something could have came up with her.i guess damage is done.no one needs family drama in their life.we are having a big family picture taken in august.of course her and my brother will be there.gosh,I have such a pit in my stomach right now.i have to admit,it's nice having a place to share feelings good or bad.

Thank you all

You're upset & her short reply may not mean she's  mad...my text are always short & to the point. Her apology may come with the check so take a wait & see attitude....if it doesn't just cash the check & forget about it knowing you did nothing wrong. Be well @Luvsmyfam.