Honored Contributor

Re: WHATCH HAVE PLANNED FOR TODAY?

@ninjawife We are searching for the right mattress also.  We bought a very expensive mattress four years ago and it is sagging on both sides, so we are carefully research the next purchase.  I liked the Heirloom mattress, but don't want to invest the amount of money that we paid for the last one,  We did find an Heirloom made for Macy's that we like and is less expensive,  Which mattress have you found at Macy's that you like?

@ninjawife wrote:

Helping  DD clean her room/bathroom and organize her closets.  Then off to Macy's to buy a new matress for the master bedroom then probably dinner at the mall.

Respected Contributor

Just trying to stay cool .....!!  Its not working .....

Honored Contributor

Nuttin' much.  Smiley Happy

We have a new washer and dryer coming next Monday so I've been hacking away, slowly, at moving things out of the laundry room.    It's a good opportunity to clean things out, eliminate, and consolidate. 

We just got a new refrigerator last month, so I kind of had the same situation, but much less stuff.

I always make a GIANT path for any such thing because I'm worried about delivery guys slamming into and/or breaking my stuff.  My husband always puts plastic down on the carpet for obvious reasons.  So it's always a big production.

Due to my challenges, I'm just glad I have plenty of time to gt things in order for this delivery and I hope it goes much better than the refrigerator debaucle.  Love the new refrigerator, though, so that ended up well.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Husband and I have been home alone this weekend, so I cleaned the main bathroom which is used mainly by our daughters.   I hate cleaning tub and shower walls, but a strong solution of white vinegar, detergent and hot water, along with a sponge mop shortened the time spent scrubbing.   I also vacuumed my TV room, cleaned the glass in my curio, washed and folded 3 loads of laundry, cleaned the window, washed and rehung the blackout curtains in my bathroom, and fixed hot dogs and pan fried potatoes before calling it quits for the day!

My husband has appts the next 2 days, so I need to have my housework caught up before we hit the road early tomorrow.   It has indeed been a Labor Day.   

Respected Contributor

Hello everyone, hope your having a safe and great holiday weekend.  It's been a low key weekend.  I caught up on paperwork, did laundry, cleaned blinds (😝).  On the bright side, having lunch with a friend.  She had knee surgery mid July, some complications afterward, (not the knee).  She's feeling much better now and we're having a celebratory lunch!🙆🏻

Honored Contributor

No labor for me today.  Took my mother out for a late lunch.  Too hot to do much else.  Hanging out the rest of the afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy today.  I have the night off from work so I don't have go to bed by one o'clock.  My sister made herself a salad for lunch and she brought one to me.  We ate them sitting on the swing in the back yard.  Had a nice visit.  Now, I guess I'll close here and do some housework.  A good day to everyone... SC

Esteemed Contributor

Since you asked -- Watching Royals Baseball (v Cleveland). Our younger, rebuilt team has had quite a run over the past week. After or during game, we're going to clean wooden, window blinds on main floor - saving basement blinds for next weekend. I'd rather think about the fun concert in the park we went to last night!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Weeding, dog walking, laundry, relaxation.

A view from my walk today:

IMG_0136 (1).jpg

Nice day all around!  Fixing DH leftovers later (he loves leftovers).

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

Hope everyone is having a Happy Labor Day.

I made 14 dozen chocolate chip cookies for a ministry from our church heading to NC to a men's prison.  There are taking over a 100 dozen to this prison and minister to the men.  

My husband is grilling steak for dinner and we are having potato salad along with berries for dinner.  It's been a hot day we are keeping it very simple.

I've also been watching the U.S. Tennis Open and wish I was there.  LOL!