Honored Contributor

I just ate a toasted cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread. DH takes the good leftovers to work. Still hungry. Maybe a can of soup? Stood looking in frig. so long that the alarm that door’s open rang. Always am sure to have great dinner choices, but need to consider myself and be more inventive for lunches.

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT’S FOR LUNCH TODAY?

Salad with leftover chicken. Having to cut way back on salt is a real challenge to my menu imagination.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Salad with leftover chicken. Having to cut way back on salt is a real challenge to my menu imagination.

@QVCkitty1  Definitely.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus: Homemade chicken 🐓 and rice 🍚 soup. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Shanus: Homemade chicken 🐓 and rice 🍚 soup. Southern Bee 

@SouthernBee   Sounds so good and comforting.

Esteemed Contributor

Smoothie of frozen vegetables (carrot, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower), 1/2 frozen banana, fresh mint, fresh green grapes, and a splash of skim milk.  Yum!  This is my lunch just about every day, in some configuration or another.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Smoothie of frozen vegetables (carrot, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower), 1/2 frozen banana, fresh mint, fresh green grapes, and a splash of skim milk.  Yum!  This is my lunch just about every day, in some configuration or another.

@Sweetbay magnolia  Do you use one of those bullets?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus: Yes, some days just want something simple. DH has a test scheduled Thursday and needed  something filling but not over eating the day before. When I make vegetable beef soup( made with hamburger meat )that my Mom called Depression soup, we always have grilled cheese sandwich’s and petite sweet pickles. When we first married DH thought this was a strange meal but now it’s his favorite in the winter. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

Homemade chicken noodle soup with crackers.

Honored Contributor

We usually have a fairly large dinner.... Meat, chicken fish, 2 veggies and salad. Once in awhile, I get some leftovers.