Honored Contributor

Re: Using a cane

[ Edited ]

I keep my cane.  It can be folded and I either put it  on the floor at my feet or put it in my tote bag which I put under the seat.  Never occurred to me to ask a flight attendant!!  And as for using it as a weapon??? it's bad enough I don't take my knitting needles (not circular) on the plane because they could be a weapon???!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Interesting comments. 

Obviously it's a necessary item for many, but I'm surprised someone at TSA hasn't banned them for being a possible weapon.   If some nut grabbed someone else's cane and started swinging, they could do a lot of damage.

Because they can't ban all the millions of people who need canes to walk from flying....for something that has never happened and never will happen.  That would be like saying ban suitcases in airports because someone might grab one and smash someone on the head with it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Interesting comments. 

Obviously it's a necessary item for many, but I'm surprised someone at TSA hasn't banned them for being a possible weapon.   If some nut grabbed someone else's cane and started swinging, they could do a lot of damage.

@Tinkrbl44  I know and I was wondering of that was why Mom never saw hers until she landed. Now a days they would prefer to have the customer use a wheelchair than board with a cane.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

My sister used a folding cane when she traveled,  She folded it into her tote.   

Smart girl!