Honored Contributor

Re: Unrealistic expectations of help?

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy

Gracie is living up to her name, she's behaving graciously.  There's some hissing when the kitten gets too rambunctious, but overall, they get along pretty well. 

IMG_8814.JPG

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

I think the O/P has offered more than enough, given her other responsibilities. There are organizations that can provide certain services through volunteers but it would be best to  hire a caregiver for a few weeks. People with money can be cheapskates but that doesn’t mean their friends need to be enablers.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's a cheapskate thing.  In my experience, people who have been retired for a while, including my DH, wind up spending a lot of time with others who are retired and tend to forget what it was like when they were working - kind of like childbirth.... the memories soften with time, lol.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat. Absolutely Not Housecat!!!! You still work, so you offered to do what you can outside of your job and your own home and ddisabled husband...

What more could you possibly do? I absolutely think nothing is wrong with suggesting Grocery Delivery as well as Uber for when you aren't available....She could be worse off, with no-one around and having to depend on those things all of the time, instead of having a friend help her out!

I think you were very generous, and kind to offer your help when you can!   

Honored Contributor

@house_cat

Good to hear.

Thanks for sharing the sweet photo - love the shape of kitties from the side and back.  Their cool-toned fur color contrasts nicely with the warm tones of the floor, wall, and foliage.