Respected Contributor

I didn;t put up a tree last year, & thought I was done with putting mine up. However, I've seen lots of pretty trees & decorations. My tree is kinda big & I have offered it to my g-son this yr. I've decided I'm going to get a skinny tree, & leave it up all yr, in a corner, that's usually slightly bare. It's going to be my "Christmas corner".

Looking for suggestions on a white tree, or green & posiibly the tree with the truck showing a lot (not sure what those are called.  I was leaning towards white, but not sure. I'm thinking 4ft. 

Esteemed Contributor

@TX-starlight , I got rid of my tree a few years ago.  I still have a lot of greenery urns etc.  The tree that has been tempting me is a birch tree that Costco sells.  It has white lights.  That is something I would leVe up year round but I am talking myself out of it because there is no obvious place to put it.

Good luck in your search.  Make sure you love the one you buy, especially if you plan to leave it up year round.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I downsized our Living Room tree to a pencil tree. I was going to jst do a 3 ft tree, but I fell in love with the pencil tree. I did NOT get a prelit one though because the last 2 I had only lit up for 2 years.

I got mine at Walmart for 79.00

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tree suggestions

[ Edited ]

I once had a small tree and also left it up year round and decorated it for some of the holidays.  If you can find some decorations at the dollar store that you like it can be manageable. If memory serves I had a three foot tree but used a petite bird bath I had as a pedestal. I found a picture...036.jpg

678.jpg

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

We downsized our tree a couple years ago to a skinny flocked Alpine tree that is about 4 foot tall.  It is prelit and I choose maybe 10 ornaments (out of the many ornaments that I have) to hang on the tree.  It has a tall stem so I can still put a few presents under it.  I’m really happy with it.  I had started to dread putting up the big tree with all the ornaments (carrying up a bulky tree and several boxes of ornaments from the basement) and now it is so easy. 

Trusted Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

I didn;t put up a tree last year, & thought I was done with putting mine up. However, I've seen lots of pretty trees & decorations. My tree is kinda big & I have offered it to my g-son this yr. I've decided I'm going to get a skinny tree, & leave it up all yr, in a corner, that's usually slightly bare. It's going to be my "Christmas corner".

Looking for suggestions on a white tree, or green & posiibly the tree with the truck showing a lot (not sure what those are called.  I was leaning towards white, but not sure. I'm thinking 4ft. 

@TX-starlight  Before you make a final decision/purchase, look on Pinterest for some ideas. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

For several years I took a break from a traditional green prelit tree and put up a five foot wrought iron tree with no lights.  I covered the branches in fairly large hand painted blown glass ornaments.

Honored Contributor

Personally, just like chosing furniture or fabrics for a room, I'd look at the space and consider the addition of green or a larger area of white (as in a white tree).  Also, what kind of tree decorations do you like?  If you like country or traditional, I'd go with green. 

Decorated white trees can be quite bright, especially if decorated in pastels.

See the source image

Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883  I've got several trees "pinned" & also checked out several online. It's so hard to decide, lol.  I LOVE pinterest!!! 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Personally, just like chosing furniture or fabrics for a room, I'd look at the space and consider the addition of green or a larger area of white (as in a white tree).  Also, what kind of tree decorations do you like?  If you like country or traditional, I'd go with green. 

Decorated white trees can be quite bright, especially if decorated in pastels.

See the source image

@ECBG That is EXACTLY what the trees looked like when I was a kid!  We had either a silver REAL tree (Fire Dept. spray painted trees silver and sold them for charity) or a green tree flocked white.

We had magenta and teal blue ornaments, THESE exact ones for the most part!

Thanks for the memories.  I have never adjusted to red and green as acceptable Christmas colors!  LOL!!!