Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden    Instead of telling US who are dutifully wearing our masks, why don't you call the owners of the business involved and tell THEM?  You should tell these workers that you'd like them to put on a mask before entering your home.  You could have some disposables on hand or deny them entry.  Your house, your rules!  Don't be a wimp.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: This is a concern to me

[ Edited ]

If they were coming into my house,yes i would expect them to be wearing one,or they would not get in,but if they are working outside i would not feel that way.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

So far the only workman that have been at my house during this time, were putting up a fence, so no they were not wearing masks since they were outside, and when we spoke to them, we kept a social distance of 6ft.

The AC technican that came to service our AC, wore a mask as well as gloves, I asked this before I made my appointment!

Honored Contributor

We have had a few technicians that had to come inside our home in the past few months - when setting up the appointment on the phone (or by email) we ask the rep what they are doing with respect to Covid - masks, gloves, etc.  No surprises that way.  Those who have worked outside (lawn service and Orkin) - obviously no contact so no masks needed.

Esteemed Contributor

We had a new roof put on earlier this month. I would not expect those guys to wear a mask. It's hot up there. Then last week we had our 6 month check up for our ac. No mask either. I did speak with him as he stood 6 feet away but it's going to be almost 110 today. I don't want these people passing out and falling off my roof all because of a mask.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden    Instead of telling US who are dutifully wearing our masks, why don't you call the owners of the business involved and tell THEM?  You should tell these workers that you'd like them to put on a mask before entering your home.  You could have some disposables on hand or deny them entry.  Your house, your rules!  Don't be a wimp.

@Kachina624   Yes, From now on....anyone coming  to my home to look at something for a quote on price for doing work  I will now request that that person please wear a mask.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

"Maybe this virus continues on for years"?  Guess that rules out optimism. Nothing has helped me through several life/death situations than Optimism. I don't how some can live a happy life looking, either presently or future, negatively.

As far as masks? Expressed my opinion in several other posts. "To each be their own".

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

It is much easier to draw your line in the sand before an event.  Saves a lot of handwringing.  If my heat pump is being worked on outside without a mask, I already know I don't care.  Now if the tech is mean to the dog, he will be out of here.  

Honored Contributor

I'd keep a safe distance and not expect them to wear masks. Nothing is mandatory in my state so if I were that worried, I'd have to postpone work at my house until I felt safer.

Respected Contributor

Maybe you should wait until the virus is completely erradicated or there is a foolproof vaccine.