Esteemed Contributor

Re: This is Arizona until October

@LindaSal wrote:

I have to say I just don't know how you do it!   I would literally melt........being a New England girl I can barely get through our humid hot summers that only last about 3 months, LOL!   Give me the fall weather any day of the week, I simply cannot live without cold fresh air and the smell of wood burning firestoves.   

@LindaSal  I feel the same way. I melt in the heat and long for the fall and cooler months. There's nothing like a New England fall. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal, Another New England gal here.  I love the change of seasons, and I actually enjoy winter.  Now that we are retired, I enjoy it even more.  Love the snow.  We do have a long driveway that is plowed for us, and a generator just in case we lose power.  Some people cannot understand why we are not "snowbirds," but no interest.  We do like to travel when we can, but we also love Cape Cod in the summer and early fall.

New Contributor

I live in AZ and can confirm this is THE hottest summer I've ever experienced.  I can remember when we used to have 110+ temps for about two weeks of summer.  The other entry mentioned there are cooler places to visit during the summer (Flag, Prescott, Sedona); it's just that everyone else has the same idea!!!

Respected Contributor

This is Arizona until October

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

I would hate living there.

@goldensrbest, I think you'd be surprised at the beauty here. I know that I was.

I'd always lived on the coast until moving to Arizona, & had previously thought that nothing could compare to an ocean view.

I now stand corrected. The mountains here are beautiful & awe inspiring.

My favorite time is when there's a storm brewing. The skies are spectacular!

I love it here.

storm coming.JPG

before the monsoon.jpg

Muddling through...
Frequent Contributor

It's wicked hot and it's only getting worse.

I have family members who love it here, but not me.  When I retire, I am hoping to become a "snowbird".  I think that will be the only way I can tolerate it. 

Trusted Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I have to say I just don't know how you do it!   I would literally melt........being a New England girl I can barely get through our humid hot summers that only last about 3 months, LOL!   Give me the fall weather any day of the week, I simply cannot live without cold fresh air and the smell of wood burning firestoves.   

@LindaSal   Can't wait until fall begins !!  I'm in Northern Pa. and love the 4 seasons....but could easily live without Summer.  I would never survive in a hot climate.  I could easily enjoy fall year round.  🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As someone who grew up in the Midwest, it's no different than people dealing with frigid temperatures there. Don't miss shoveling snow and driving on black ice in the winter. The winters in Minnesota last forever. 

When we visit family in the Midwest during winter, I'm shivering if it's fifty degrees. 
I'll stay here in Arizona. 

Esteemed Contributor

I live in a resort city in NE AZ at 8500 ft. We definitely have 4 seasons although it doesn't usually go lower than freezing or past 95 degrees. Summer is monsoon season  ( some daily rain July thru Sept). I've lived on both coasts and also in Mojave Desert for 25 years and we routinely have some of the best weather in the country. At least a third of my neighbors come up from the Valley during Summer and Holidays and own homes up here. I'm a happy retired camper!

Trusted Contributor

I live in the Southern California Desert and we always dread the summers but we simply hibernate as others do during winter. We are grateful for air conditioning and look forward to October. Every region has it's drawbacks.