Esteemed Contributor

This is Arizona until October

IMG_0780.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: This is Arizona until October

@Meowingkitty  I'm so sorry.  That weather is scary hot.  Apparently Leah Williams doesn't  mind it since she seems to vacation there several times a year, even in the hot summer

Honored Contributor

I would hate living there.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I have to say I just don't know how you do it!   I would literally melt........being a New England girl I can barely get through our humid hot summers that only last about 3 months, LOL!   Give me the fall weather any day of the week, I simply cannot live without cold fresh air and the smell of wood burning firestoves.   

Trusted Contributor

And this is NYC until October, courtesy of The New Yorker

Daily Cartoon: Tuesday, June 18th | The New Yorker

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I have to say I just don't know how you do it!   I would literally melt........being a New England girl I can barely get through our humid hot summers that only last about 3 months, LOL!   Give me the fall weather any day of the week, I simply cannot live without cold fresh air and the smell of wood burning firestoves.   

We just do the reverse of people who live in the cold. We don't come out unless we have to. BBQ season is October to May. We eat our holiday dinners outside by a fire pit. We enjoy with fall and winter so much more. Fall and winter are when outdoor events come to the valley, we can enjoy the outdoors without wearing much more than a long sleeved shirt and pants. 

Honored Contributor

Friends of mine who live in Vegas bought a condo off the coast of Oregon, they live there from May until mid Sept. Some summer days there it is only as high as mid 60's. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

We just do the reverse of people who live in the cold. We don't come out unless we have to. BBQ season is October to May. We eat our holiday dinners outside by a fire pit. We enjoy with fall and winter so much more. Fall and winter are when outdoor events come to the valley, we can enjoy the outdoors without wearing much more than a long sleeved shirt and pants. 

@Meowingkitty 

This is how we do it in the Gulf South, too.  Summer is the time to stay inside, same as our northern neighbors do in the winter. Then when they're freezing their buns off in January we're outside enjoying the mild weather. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

At least we don't have to risk our lives every time you go out driving in snow & on icy roads. Will never forget how you'd go somewhere on a clear day & come out an hour or two later & couldn't see in front of you for the blowing snow or skid on hidden ice patches. You had to go to work & risk your life every day on that stuff!

I'll take the heat any day over that. We can escape to cooler climates an hour & a half+ away on the Mongian rim = Sedona, Prescott, Payson, Strawberry, Pine, Flagstaff.  Flagstaff is at almost 7,000 feet elevation & has a ski resort. Two hours from Phoenix.

Honored Contributor

Yep--too freaking hot for me,  altho I do love the desert---in the cool months it is so nice but those are too few for me.