Esteemed Contributor

My new toilet is stained witha couple vertical blue lines.  No matter what I use it just doesn't come out!  I've been told when well-water meets porcelain it causes this blue stain and there's nothing to prevent/remove it.

I've tried a medley of bowl cleaners to no avail. Can anyone reommend a cleaner that will remove this staining?Woman Frustrated

TIA

Respected Contributor

You could use that stuff that dyes the water blue then it wouldn't be noticeable?

Honored Contributor

We had that problem when we had our house out in the woods for many years.  I believe that is a high copper content or something.   I tried everything as my shower was also stained blue.  The only thing I think might help for the toilet is the Clorox bleach tabs for the tank but with a well you don't  really want to use Bleach at all.  Kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place sadly.   Unless there is another invention I am not aware of??

Super Contributor

At least the stains are blue hahaha!  Even if you could find a product, wouldn't it just keep coming back?  If I saw it I would think you were using that blue tank tablet in it.

Honored Contributor

Its annoying for sure.  But its a toilet, its clean so dont worry about a little blue.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

This might be worth a try -if the stain is below the water line, push the water out of the toilet bowl as much as you can.  I have a little short handled "Johnny mop" that works perfectly.  Then dampen a pumice stone and see if a light scrubbing with that will take the stain off.  The pumice stone will usually remove any type of stain!

Valued Contributor

Re: This Is Embarrassing...

[ Edited ]

pumice.jpgYou need a pumice stone made for just that.  I have well water and it causes orange rust stains in the toilet bowl.  Scrub with the pumice.  It does NOT damage the porcelain.  You can get them on Amazon or Lowes or Home Depot.  They work!!!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme   "My new toilet is stained witha couple vertical blue lines. "

Your old toilet wasn't?  confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

ZEP toilet cleaner.  Trust me.  Try it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@eddyandme   "My new toilet is stained witha couple vertical blue lines. "

Your old toilet wasn't?  confused.gif

Yes, it was, @Mz iMac !!!!!!   Just thought I'd be able to prevent it this time!