Frequent Contributor

Re: The Valentines Day Thing

@cater wrote:

Valentines day , I invite close friends and family here and I decorate the place inside and out side with hearts that light up and make a collection of different foods that are red and white. We sit around talk and laugh snack on what ever and everyone leaves hope fully with a good memory of the day. My husband passed away years ago so I do what I do just so the people around me have a memory of Valentines Day. Right now every thing is decorated and my windows all have lighted hearts so that the younger kids in the neighborhood can enjoy the lights and so can this older lady living in this home.

That's  sweet @cater.❤️

*rememberance of my little sister. i miss you*
Frequent Contributor

@lytlesweetie wrote:

@cater wrote:

Valentines day , I invite close friends and family here and I decorate the place inside and out side with hearts that light up and make a collection of different foods that are red and white. We sit around talk and laugh snack on what ever and everyone leaves hope fully with a good memory of the day. My husband passed away years ago so I do what I do just so the people around me have a memory of Valentines Day. Right now every thing is decorated and my windows all have lighted hearts so that the younger kids in the neighborhood can enjoy the lights and so can this older lady living in this home.

That's  sweet @cater.❤️

@inmemoryofmylittlesis, yes, really sweet! @cater, you are so thoughtful to do that!!

Honored Contributor

I love Valentine's Day and have gotten some nice gifts and surprises over the years.  It just amazes me that some men won't bother to pick up the phone or go online and order flowers.  It just takes that little bit of effort to make someone who they care about happy.  

Honored Contributor

Noel7 wrote:

I just gave myself a new sig line.  A saying that was imprinted on the inside of a bite size Dove chocolate heart wrapper.

I really like the idea, it's all about being good to yourself, kind of like the party of friends mentioned in an earlier post on this line.

@Noel7!  I love that Dove chocolate message in your signature, "Be Your Own Valentine."Heart

Something I had to learn, over time,  is that I forget about feeling sad for myself when I spend more time giving to others.

This is a post shared by a local group in our community:

"Valentine's Day is upon us, and while we enjoy seeing the love between others, please remember there are those who feel alone and unloved. Take a moment to extend a kindness to someone who may feel alone. A smile, a hug, any act of kindness is never too small and can have a huge impact on someone's life. Here is our gift to all of you:   You Matter. And We Love You!"

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Hi @dooBdoo

I like that Smiley Happy

For me, VDay was never just about a boyfriend, and when I was younger, sometimes I had one, sometimes I didn't.  But I always extended it to people I cared about.  I love that friends party idea!

I like to get things that are basically stocking stuffer items to give.  My daughter is easy, a new lipstick or eyeshadow and she's happy. 

Happy Valentines Day Pictures

Esteemed Contributor

We had a nice dinner out, received roses, a card, and some money.  I enjoyed our toast at the meal.  I won't share with certain others even if they were to ask.  My memories are just that - MY memories. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust