Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- October 2022 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Gotta get this dog out...

@just bee 

Better get to the candy store on the way back!

@geezerette 

I'm going to have to wander around Costco looking for something just in case someone shows up.

BH thinks we should just blow it off, but I'll fret all day if I don't have an emergency treat on hand.

@just bee 

I'm glad I don't have to fret about any of that anymore.  It's a huge relief.

Honored Contributor

Once again, I can't believe tomorrow is a new month already.  And one that was 31 days long that still sped by!  Why couldn't time have gone this fast when I was a kid?😆

Just an observation I've noticed lately--going back to the original Compact thread--have you noticed how many of us on these forums are trying to downsize or declutter or just generally get rid of excess stuff?

Make me think about how fortunate we all are to have been able to not only have enough to live, but more than enough to accumulate to the point of becoming a problem.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Once again, I can't believe tomorrow is a new month already.  And one that was 31 days long that still sped by!  Why couldn't time have gone this fast when I was a kid?😆

Just an observation I've noticed lately--going back to the original Compact thread--have you noticed how many of us on these forums are trying to downsize or declutter or just generally get rid of excess stuff?

Make me think about how fortunate we all are to have been able to not only have enough to live, but more than enough to accumulate to the point of becoming a problem.

@geezerette 

Were we the first to address the issue? Woman Wink

I can't believe how long I posted about it without actually doing anything about it.  And that it took a fire to get me off the stick.

And what's so ridiculous is that I saved very little and even that is too much stuff.

But that's okay.  When it gets really cold this winter and people can't afford to heat their homes, they can gather around a bonfire made of all the things they've collected over the years.

I'm holding on to some items just in case I can trade them for food.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

I can't believe how long I posted about it without actually doing anything about it.  And that it took a fire to get me off the stick.

And what's so ridiculous is that I saved very little and even that is too much stuff.

But that's okay.  When it gets really cold this winter and people can't afford to heat their homes, they can gather around a bonfire made of all the things they've collected over the years.

@just bee 

I think it was you that started the conversation.  To be honest, before that I don't think I (speaking strictly for myself) had ever even considered the idea of having "too much" stuff. 

That was the excuse my OG gave for buying most of the jewelry that I now am trying to figure out what to do with.  The way it's going I may be able to trade one of my diamond rings for a loaf of bread.  Hopefully whole grain.😆

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

I think it was you that started the conversation.  To be honest, before that I don't think I (speaking strictly for myself) had ever even considered the idea of having "too much" stuff. 

That was the excuse my OG gave for buying most of the jewelry that I now am trying to figure out what to do with.  The way it's going I may be able to trade one of my diamond rings for a loaf of bread.  Hopefully whole grain.😆

@geezerette 

I'm hoping a tennis bracelet can get me some sourdough.

And I'm already wondering if I can afford to commit to this kombucha habit.  It's not cheap.  But I figure the alternative is even more expensive.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

I'm hoping a tennis bracelet can get me some sourdough.

And I'm already wondering if I can afford to commit to this kombucha habit.  It's not cheap.  But I figure the alternative is even more expensive.

@just bee 

That's how I feel about my probiotics.  Although it doesn't seem to keep me from eating stuff I shouldn't.🤷‍♀️

C0D56FFB-0574-4B46-B004-F6B6686B0999.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette 

At work I talk to people all the time in different areas of the hospital and at other hospitals.

There's this one person that I'm going to have to meet one day because we have such a great time chatting.  Last week she mentioned that she experienced the same issues I'm experiencing after her surgery.

She recommended a local doctor who specializes in "natural" medicine, Dr. Ohhira's probiotics, enzyme therapy, and Vitamin A + saw palmetto for hair loss.

She lost most of her hair after surgery and finally just shaved her head.

I'm considering doing the same thing.

Honored Contributor

Leave it to That Buck-Teeth Beaver | From Behind the Pen

What's really scary is that the beavers are annihilating so many trees in the bosque.

I'm fully expecting to get clocked by a falling cottonwood when I'm down there.

Honored Contributor

I ended up checking Target's website and it looked like they still had a decent selection of candy.

No... actually, the shelves were bare.  I ended up buying two cases of assorted chips.

BH is horrified and wants no part of this.  Says the house will get egged.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I ended up checking Target's website and it looked like they still had a decent selection of candy.

No... actually, the shelves were bare.  I ended up buying two cases of assorted chips.

BH is horrified and wants no part of this.  Says the house will get egged.

@just bee 

Oh, man!  I loved those little chip packages! 😋

They're pretty small though.  Better give two apiece. 😉