Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- May 2024 Edition

Heading to Costco.

On a Sunday.  On a holiday weekend.

Keep us in your thoughts.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Heading to Costco.

@just bee 

I will pray for you.  Although it sounds like @viva923's DH made it to BJs and home okay.  Hopefully you will be as fortunate.

Honored Contributor

Last night was a deadly night for storms.  Texas got hit badly too.

Tonight promises to be more of the same.  If we can survive tonight, we are supposed to get a couple of dry days.👏

Before it starts again the middle of this upcoming week.😫

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Heading to Costco.

@just bee 

I will pray for you.  Although it sounds like @viva923's DH made it to BJs and home okay.  Hopefully you will be as fortunate.

@geezerette 

Whew!  We made it.

Thanks for the support! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Last night was a deadly night for storms.  Texas got hit badly too.

Tonight promises to be more of the same.  If we can survive tonight, we are supposed to get a couple of dry days.👏

Before it starts again the middle of this upcoming week.😫

@geezerette 

A couple dry days are better than nuthin'.

We'll be thinking about you. Heart

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Heading to Costco.

@just bee 

@geezerette 

Whew!  We made it.

@just bee 

That was quite a daring feat.  Glad you're back safe and sound.  I hope it was worth it.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Heading to Costco.

@just bee 

@geezerette 

Whew!  We made it.

@just bee 

That was quite a daring feat.  Glad you're back safe and sound.  I hope it was worth it.

@geezerette 

Absolutely.  I was down to my last pack of baby wipes and my last box of wine.

And we scored a "fresh" rotisserie chicken.  This one's for WGD.

We tried canned food and kibble this morning and he turned his nose up at it.  Then plain kibble.  Not interested.  Then just canned.  Venison, even.  Nope.

Then chicken BH cooked last night.  WGD approved.  So we gave him more chicken and introduced a small amount of kibble.  Tolerated the kibble.

Gave him a little rotisserie chicken with kibble when we got home.  So far, so good.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee 

Sounds like a good haul.👍

I always hear vets say when dogs have upset tummies to make them chicken and rice.  I give Carla a few small bites of plain oven roasted chicken bites mixed with warm water in her morning kibble.  With all the cr@p (literally) she eats from outside she sometimes doesn't want to eat.  Since I've been including the chicken she hasn't refused her breakfast once.

I sneak a bite or two of chicken myself, along with the cats, so it's been a success with the entire household.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- May 2024 Editionx

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Sounds like a good haul.👍

I always hear vets say when dogs have upset tummies to make them chicken and rice.  I give Carla a few small bites of plain oven roasted chicken bites mixed with warm water in her morning kibble.  With all the cr@p (literally) she eats from outside she sometimes doesn't want to eat.  Since I've been including the chicken she hasn't refused her breakfast once.

I sneak a bite or two of chicken myself, along with the cats, so it's been a success with the entire household.

@geezerette 

If he starts looking a little "loose" we'll make a batch of rice.  Might throw in a few veggies, too. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

👋
Pretty day here today.

Looking at maybe moving this fall. Lots to figure out. 👀