Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- May 2024 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Maybe it's admiration, like seeing a movie star. I wonder if dogs envy them. 

@occasionalrain 

And sometimes I wonder if coyotes envy dogs.  They don't have to work as hard for a meal.

@occasionalrain 

@just bee 

I'm sure Carla envies the coyotes.  All that deer poop without a Mom to keep you on a leash.😋

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

Oh, just shoot me.

I left my callback number and Radiology contacted me.  Scheduled an MRI in September.

And right after I hung up I remembered that I wanted to check if a flexible sigmoidoscopy had been ordered.

@just bee 

Bang! 💥

Where was your script?  I always write down what I need to say or ask when I call someplace.  No way am I relying on my feeble brain to remember jack anymore.

You just lost another hour of your life having to stay on hold when you call back.  Again. 😩

Honored Contributor

hey all

my lawn man did show today with his buddy and sit downlawn mower- it cuts lower than my mower so had lawn guy cut my lawn again and it is nice and short.

the rain began this afternoon- friday we may get a peak of sunshine.

tomorrow dh has to go down to dd house and make sure the kids get on buses at correct time. then he will do the walmart run.

not much else. very humid tonight. later guys

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Brisky 

Wow!  That's impressive! Heart

I'd promised myself the same thing and got back into Classical Stretch.

For one day. Woman Embarassed

@just bee 

I was trying to get back into Pilates and kept hurting myself worse than if I did nothing.  After a couple of months even my chiropractor suggested that maybe I should forego the Pilates from now on.  So I just use the trampoline part of the machine and do the stretches he gave me years ago.  Not weight bearing, but at least I'm not hurting as much.  

@geezerette 

I think, at some point, stretching and walking are the least dangerous options.

My fear is that when WGD is gone, we'll never go walking again.

Maybe we can work out a deal with Animal Humane to walk their shelter dogs...

@just bee 

That could be dangerous.  They have puppies, you know.  Very cute puppies.  Very cute adoptable puppies.  Lots of very cute adoptable puppies...🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶😉

@geezerette 

Not a problem.  We already have WGD's replacement lined up.

His name is Moe.

Remember that moth in the bathroom the other day?  We still haven't captured him, so I've named him and I guess he's ours.

Moth Clipart PNG, Vector, PSD, and Clipart With Transparent Background for  Free Download | Pngtree

IMG_8823.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I'm being told daily that prices are not really increasing as much as I think they are.

La Dolce Vita Classic Italian Biscotti, 40 Oz Costco, 49% OFF

My biscotti was $12.49 at Costco today.

I remember when I was paying under ten bucks.

Just sayin'.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I only went to Costco today to get salmon. I came out with 20 giant  containers of Biscotti. 🎅 : r/Costco

I want to shop at this person's Costco.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Sleepy Bee - Drawception

Busy day.  Winding down.  Calling it done.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Drove husband to a golf tournament today (his foursome won!)

Visited my dad as it was sort of on the way.

Did tons of errands in DE.  Ate from my favorite restaurant in PA (ate in the shade of a tree in WF parking lot).  lol

Back home and in my jammies.  Watching my show and saw that Steve Buscemi was attacked in NYC.  Among other things.  Wow.

@Lucky Charm 

What bothers me most about the Buscemi story is that he worked as a firefighter in Manhattan in the 80s and has continued to support NYFD in multiple projects.

Nice way to treat someone who risked his life to serve your community. Woman Mad

How's dad doing?

My dad's doing pretty good.  We're going back down on Friday.  My husband is going to cut down some branches in his yard.  They block the view of a very pretty river he lives on.

I took him some beef stew which he enjoyed, and he requested my sausage and peppers.  I also took a planter of flowers for his front yard.

I planted my little (organic) garden today..  One pepper plant and a couple of San Marzano tomato plants along with plum and cherry tomatoes.  Red leaf lettuce and arugula and one basil plant.  So far.

I've spent more than I want to admit on annuals....again.  I did buy a beautiful purple hydrangea, but it's in a huge planter.  Don't know where I want it---permanently.

So nice to see all the neighbors who are only here seasonally.  Most are retired, but they don't *open up* till mid May.

Chilly here, only made it to the mid 60s --if that.  Rain in the forecast tonight, tomorrow, and who know about Friday.  I envy you @viva923  for the humidity!  I like the warmth of humidity!

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Brisky 

Wow!  That's impressive! Heart

I'd promised myself the same thing and got back into Classical Stretch.

For one day. Woman Embarassed

Geez, I've been a real slug lately.  And my appetite is out of control.  Back on the jalapeno pickles, again.  I need and intervention!

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Oura Launches Amazon Brand Store for Smart Rings

Sometimes I'm at work and I think:

Am I the only one who doesn't have one of these?

Don't want one.  Won't get one.

I rarely wore mine when I worked.  I rarely wore anything on my wedding ring finger up until a year or so ago.

I don't even have my original.  My finger has *grown* over the past 43 years.Woman LOL

Now I have an assortment of wedding rings/bands to wear.  Depends on what I want to wear, if I want to wear anything. 

I don't feel that the rings we exchanged originally have anything to do with our commitment or our love for each other.

I bought my husband a simple band about 20 years ago and he's never taken it off.  

I take mine off the second I walk in the door. Same for other rings, earrings, necklaces and bracelets.  I love jewelry, but I like to be comfortable.

I do love being married, I have to admit.  It's not the concept of marriage that means so much to me, as much as the man that I'm married to.  Always bliss?  HellNo!  But that made it more fun.Woman LOL