Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- June 2024 Edition

@Lucky Charm wrote:

The beggars!IMG_2612.JPG

@Lucky Charm 

They're absolutely beautiful.

And I suspect they're not vegans. Cat Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hey all

just got back all our services

for over 20 hours we had NO T.V., INTERNET, LAND LINE PHONES

THIS WAS 2 towns wide- the people who did NOT lose all those services LOST all of them today when we got our services up and running-talk about going stir crazy-

got back my urine culture -GOT ANOTHER UTI  same stuff as what happened in Jan-Feb that uncooked meat stuff- we have been so careful and dang down with another UTI AGAIN.

got my Macrobid today from pharmacy Local store-2 pills a day for 7 days.

something is giving me these UTI's and don't know what it is .  Am now leaning towards the vaginal cream i have to do 3x's a week. we use sterile throw away gloves for applications 

what are we doing wrong boy i could sure use some stearage on this one very perplexing problem.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 That's awful on both counts.  I'm thinking the UTI being the worst of it.  Good that you got meds and started them.  Have you searched on the Wellness forum for other posters that have had re-occurring UTI?  Something may come up-- that your could try.

If my internet or tv service went out, I'd be on my cell phone.  Can you access anything on your cell phone to bide the time while services are out?

I've got a stack of books to read, too.  But it's annoying that a paid service isn't working!

Honored Contributor

@viva923 

How often are you cooking meat in the crock pot?  Do you think this might be the reason?

I'm just throwing that out there.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@bikerbabe 

@aprilskies 

Thinking of you both. ❤️

@geezerette, Thank you so much.  

I hope @bikerbabe is okay. Have a I missed something or is she still on vacation? 

@aprilskies 

She should be home, last we heard she was in the airport headed back.  But she just hasn't been here since.  I'm thinking perhaps Bear hogtied her to the bedpost to make sure she didn't leave again!😉😆

How are you doing?  And brother kitty--how has he been managing alone?😕

@geezerette LOL. Glad to hear that. It is Bear's time. 

It has been incredibly sad honestly. He always bugged me when I was working or just sit with me so the "routine" is different now and it leaves me sad but I know he is in a better place. Of the two cats, he was always the one near.  Didnt want to be held or such, but never far from my side. So there is a piece missing. He has now joined the rest of the pets over the years. But what gives me a little peace when I took him in, it was his time. 

The joys and sorrows of having pets. 

Thanks for thinking of me. 

@aprilskies - I am trying to scan the posts, I haven't been able to read for a while, but I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty, I didn't know. 

Honored Contributor

Eugenia Ramos on LinkedIn: [GO AFTER YOUR HONEY] Saturday is special! The  first day of a sweet and…

Honored Contributor

Exhausting week  Goint yo cstvh s nsp.

Spokane Master Gardener Foundation - WHERE DO BEES SLEEP? Ask Dr. Universe,  WSU Sleep is important for lots of the animals on our planet. Just like you  need a good rest, so

I mean, going to catch a nap.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 I'm so glad you tried posting in Wellness.  I'd say there's some info you can take in hand for your next dr. visit or phone call.

Post #5 mentions a nephrologist, which, if your urologist can't pinpoint the re-occurances, maybe you would call a kidney dr.

Poster #11 mentions she tries to be extra careful.  I wish she'd expand on that.  Could be something very helpful.

I'd write down info given by posters on post #13, 14 and 18.  Tell the doctor you've been reading online and does she agree or disagree with any of this information.

It's a start anyways.  I hope the meds are already helping you.Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923I'll toss out two ideas for preventing UTI's. Obviously, not cures, but really do help. Neither are dangerous and are available at drug stores. First, take D-Mannose - I take two capsules a day. This second product was mentioned in Woman's World magazine and says it cuts recurrent UTI's by 51%. Try taking Integrative Therapeutics Pro-Flora Woman's Probiotic. I ordered a bottle from Amazon. 

It's important that the probiotics have these ingredients. 

Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1 and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

@viva923I'll toss out two ideas for preventing UTI's. Obviously, not cures, but really do help. Neither are dangerous and are available at drug stores. First, take D-Mannose - I take two capsules a day. This second product was mentioned in Woman's World magazine and says it cuts recurrent UTI's by 51%. Try taking Integrative Therapeutics Pro-Flora Woman's Probiotic. I ordered a bottle from Amazon. 

It's important that the probiotics have these ingredients. 

Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1 and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14.

@viva923 

Have you seen all those TV ads for Uqora?  I went to the website and their products contain, as @AuntG mentions, D-Mannose and L. rhamnosus and L. reuteri.

You might want to check out the supplements she mentioned. Heart

ETA:

Just looked at your post in Wellness and several of the ladies mentioned D-Mannose.  One mentioned Uqora.