Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- June 2024 Edition

hey all

GEE yup same problem with that dang foot-now have a sore a size of nickle on side of toe=see what new doctor says.

had to sign in on chrome-could not get in any other way-

did that urine thingy at lab corp this morn

foot doc this afternoon

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Well, I'm sick.  I've had a sore throat since yesterday and didn't sleep so I'm exhausted.  Along with the storms coming through today my head is stuffed up with pressure.

I'm hoping this will just morph into a cold and nothing more.  There are so many viruses circulating out there nowadays it's hard to tell what you've got.  I'm pretty sure I caught this at the doctor's office the other day.

Another reason I don't like doctors.🤧

Honored Contributor

Stopping in to say hi. I read QVC will start featuring Christmas stuff this month. Their revenue must be tanking.

We've had great weather, but some showers are heading our way.

I usually come out here to grumble, but I only have two minor complaints this month. We took $23 in Canadian currency to the bank, and they wouldn't exchange it. My normally sweet husband said they could keep it, and walked out.

We also have a vagrant living in the park shelter not far from our house. Facebook is blowing up, and now the town leadership is considering closing the park so that they have a reason for the police to remove him. Although I wish he'd leave, I think people are overreacting. I feel a tad sorry for the guy. I don't think he is dangerous, but we avoid walking past the shelter on our daily walks.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Stopping in to say hi. I read QVC will start featuring Christmas stuff this month. Their revenue must be tanking.

We've had great weather, but some showers are heading our way.

I usually come out here to grumble, but I only have two minor complaints this month. We took $23 in Canadian currency to the bank, and they wouldn't exchange it. My normally sweet husband said they could keep it, and walked out.

We also have a vagrant living in the park shelter not far from our house. Facebook is blowing up, and now the town leadership is considering closing the park so that they have a reason for the police to remove him. Although I wish he'd leave, I think people are overreacting. I feel a tad sorry for the guy. I don't think he is dangerous, but we avoid walking past the shelter on our daily walks.

@AuntG 

We had a park across the river that was full of old cottonwoods.  People would take their dogs there because it provided both grass and shade.  That's what it was for years.

More and more, the urban campers moved in.  End result: Rampant drug use, stabbings, shootings, police activity.

They've closed the park and chopped down all the trees.  They plan to build a fire station there.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

The park then...

Coronado Dog Park

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

What it became:

Homeless Sue City for Damage to Temporary Homes and Belongings - The Paper.

Martineztown resident: Approval of homeless encampment carried out 'with  total disregard for the neighborhood' | New Mexico Sun

APD releases statistics on crimes at Coronado Park in last month

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Well, I'm sick.  I've had a sore throat since yesterday and didn't sleep so I'm exhausted.  Along with the storms coming through today my head is stuffed up with pressure.

I'm hoping this will just morph into a cold and nothing more.  There are so many viruses circulating out there nowadays it's hard to tell what you've got.  I'm pretty sure I caught this at the doctor's office the other day.

Another reason I don't like doctors.🤧

@geezerette 

I'm sorry to hear you're ailing.  I keep trying to tell my patients that the more they come to the hospital the more they increase their chances of getting sick.

It's a germy place.

Hoping it's just one of those 3-day colds, cured by toast, tea and citrus. Heart

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

GEE yup same problem with that dang foot-now have a sore a size of nickle on side of toe=see what new doctor says.

had to sign in on chrome-could not get in any other way-

did that urine thingy at lab corp this morn

foot doc this afternoon

ok guys later.

@viva923 

Let us know!  You can't be walking around with sores on your feet. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Trying to catch up on threads! Brisk, back in the hive....

It's always a bad time when we lose our furry friends! I am just glad you gave them the best life you can while they were here ♥️💞

DH is in Colorado Springs until Friday! Last big event of the year!
I tossed and turned last night and woke up at 5:30 AM because of allergies. White cotton is flying right up my nose.🙄 Literally speaking. It's everywhere 😵‍💫😵‍💫

I have been on the outside of the house more than the inside lately. Normal for me for this time of year😎
Going to the Mesa next weekend to do some fishing.
Brisk barely breathing over here, I will quit my complaining and try to hang loose!
Oh yes one more thing🤣🤣 My eyes hurt too....
Hang loose everybody.... Brisk advice....take it easy....

@Brisky 

We call that snow in June.

Is cottonwood fluff an allergen and do irises use too much water?

Honored Contributor

@just bee 

Our cottonwoods all dried up because so many people started moving into the area and depleted the ground water.  Yet another reason we moved.