CFBD525F-F987-4064-B7BE-2D391059A38A.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- December 2021 Edition

AE885B52-5C7F-4F67-BD6A-090537F11FD7.gif

9CA2B414-14DA-487D-B97C-C58F0A501FEC.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

If last night is any indication of how this new year will play out, then "happy" is not a word I would use to describe it.

More staff injuries and it's just a matter of time before I'm sitting in our ER with a concussion or compound fracture -- or worse.

I need to start thinking about other options.  My background is Theatre, Film, English and Art.  I now have degrees in the sciences and all I can say is this: My job is like an episode of Oz.

50 Best TV Shows on Amazon Prime Video: Oz

I'm done.

@just bee, not to be a negative nelly, however I see this as getting much worse before it gets better. I don’t know if you are serious or just had a bad day, but I would at least have a backup plan.  Your job sounds like it is getting worse by the day.

What infuriates me is is that no one sees the side affects of all this, the focus is only on one thing and the insanity keeps getting perpetuated. 

I will stop here because it is something that completely frustrates me regarding this whole situation.  The world is going/gone crazy and I fear it is only the beginning. 

Respected Contributor

While I am making no real resolutions I think I will concentrate on using up some ingredients I have on hand and clear out some pantry items before they all expire on me. I waste too much. 

Also beauty products.  It is time to focus on using up. Maybe this will be my use up year.  There I go, I just found a goal. 

I hope you all are having a good New Year’s. 

Honored Contributor

Ah geez.  The "Dr. Pol" episode with the Rottweiler that has leukemia.😭

That's the conundrum about watching reruns--you know how each patient ends up.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

If last night is any indication of how this new year will play out, then "happy" is not a word I would use to describe it.

More staff injuries and it's just a matter of time before I'm sitting in our ER with a concussion or compound fracture -- or worse.

I need to start thinking about other options.  My background is Theatre, Film, English and Art.  I now have degrees in the sciences and all I can say is this: My job is like an episode of Oz.

50 Best TV Shows on Amazon Prime Video: Oz

I'm done.

@just bee, not to be a negative nelly, however I see this as getting much worse before it gets better. I don’t know if you are serious or just had a bad day, but I would at least have a backup plan.  Your job sounds like it is getting worse by the day.

What infuriates me is is that no one sees the side affects of all this, the focus is only on one thing and the insanity keeps getting perpetuated. 

I will stop here because it is something that completely frustrates me regarding this whole situation.  The world is going/gone crazy and I fear it is only the beginning. 

@aprilskies 

@just bee 

I agree.  I don't see how you've managed to stay on this long.  It sounds like it's getting to be a matter of self-preservation.  Physically and mentally.

I think I'd be worried about a forced early retirement.  From disability.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

While I am making no real resolutions I think I will concentrate on using up some ingredients I have on hand and clear out some pantry items before they all expire on me. I waste too much. 

Also beauty products.  It is time to focus on using up. Maybe this will be my use up year.  There I go, I just found a goal. 

I hope you all are having a good New Year’s. 

@aprilskies 

That is one thing I have promised myself to do too.  Even scaling back the buying, I still overbought once again.  And I'm not sure I really like any of what I have.  And I have a lot of it.  Again.😔

I want to simplify my skin care routine.  I even hate that word, "routine".  I don't want a "routine".  That implies several steps.  I just want a good cleanser and moisturizer to use twice a day, winter and summer.  Although that might be too much to ask if I want to have semi-decent skin since our weather is so drastic.

But I'm tired. Tired of doing so many things that just don't matter.  Especially at this point in my life.  There are a few things I need to start doing, but spending time and money on all the bottles and jars I have accumulated this past year is not one I wish to continue.

Honored Contributor

Happy New Year!

@just bee

BH has a sad history as one of the worst specialties for staffing and safe working conditions, only made worse in the past couple of years. Previously, I mentioned my friend who works BH. Her county facility only changed after multiple deaths, threats of getting shut down, and a zillion reports submitted on unsafe staffing like one RN to 20 patients. And if the place has a bad reputation for safety, who’s going to accept a position? It becomes a no win situation.

If there is no indication of positive changes forthcoming, get out.
Honored Contributor

Today I went through all the Christmas decorations, got rid of quite a few things, and rearranged the closet. Tree is still up as it typically doesn’t come down until around Epiphany.
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Happy New Year!

@just bee

BH has a sad history as one of the worst specialties for staffing and safe working conditions, only made worse in the past couple of years. Previously, I mentioned my friend who works BH. Her county facility only changed after multiple deaths, threats of getting shut down, and a zillion reports submitted on unsafe staffing like one RN to 20 patients. And if the place has a bad reputation for safety, who’s going to accept a position? It becomes a no win situation.

If there is no indication of positive changes forthcoming, get out.

@bikerbabe 

For a second there I thought you were talking about @just bee's "BH".😳

Whew! 😆