Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2024 Edition

@geezerette wrote:

Oh dear.  And I thought I was having a rough go of it the last several days.

@geezerette 

You've been keeping a lower than usual profile.  How are you doing?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe, speedy recovery to you. Terrible when we are going through it health wise. Feel better soon.
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

I've been better.  But compared to what others are going through, it's nothing.

Lots of stuff going on right now (this darn weather doesn't help!🤬) and I've never been able to handle stress well at all.  Now that I'm dealing with everything on my own, I tend to let my nerves get the better of me.  It's the one thing the OG always warned me of if I was in this position: "Don't get goofy!"  He was the least nervous person I ever knew and thought worrying was totally unproductive.  And of course, he was right.

Doesn't keep me from doing it though.🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

Lots of stuff going on right now (this darn weather doesn't help!🤬) and I've never been able to handle stress well at all.  Now that I'm dealing with everything on my own, I tend to let my nerves get the better of me.  It's the one thing the OG always warned me of if I was in this position: "Don't get goofy!"  He was the least nervous person I ever knew and thought worrying was totally unproductive.  And of course, he was right.

@geezerette 

Sounds very familiar.  Worrying is my hobby.

BH doesn't do it so I feel someone has to!

I should be known as WCS.  Worst-Case Scenario.

But OG and BH are right.  Worrying is unproductive.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

Sounds very familiar.  Worrying is my hobby.

BH doesn't do it so I feel someone has to!

I should be known as WCS.  Worst-Case Scenario.

But OG and BH are right.  Worrying is unproductive.

@just bee 

Oh, that's definitely me too.  And then some. 

And yes, it is.

Honored Contributor

Up and at 'em early this morning.  Got 6K steps in before 8 a.m.  Will be driving again today to Philly. 

Should be cutting the grass right now, but I ain't!  Rain tonight/tomorrow will make it even longer...ugh.  I'll get to it eventually. 

Cancelled the glass door installation for tomorrow.  Just can't deal with anyone right now.  All other work has been done for weeks.  We're just using other bathroom for showers now.

I powerwashed the front and back decks on Sunday in prep for the awnings.  Awnings may go up today, tomorrow, who knows!  I dread moving my car which I always park out front to protect my little maple tree.  All I need is one work truck to pull up with ladder racks and they'll tear the sweet little branches right off.  I even stress about that tree!

It's nice to see you here @geezerette .  I wondered about you yesterday, I know the middle of the country was experiencing some really bad weather again and am not sure if your state was involved.

Will be back later tonight with a couple of inches of wine.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

That was weird.  The goose couple showed up this morning at 10am.  Very late for them.  They usually come very early in the morning.  And it's hot, which could be why they didn't stay long. I don't blame them--I don't like the hot humid weather either.

But the yard was mowed yesterday, so maybe they mistook the place for a golf course.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

That was weird.  The goose couple showed up this morning at 10am.  Very late for them.  They usually come very early in the morning.  And it's hot, which could be why they didn't stay long. I don't blame them--I don't like the hot humid weather either.

But the yard was mowed yesterday, so maybe they mistook the place for a golf course.

@geezerette 

Maybe they were up late last night.  Some local goose festival or something.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Will be back later tonight with a couple of inches of wine.Woman LOL

@Lucky Charm 

If I were doing everything that you're doing, I'd have more than a couple inches.

Welcome to Whiskers and Wine - The Purrrfect Pairing!

Honored Contributor

Icelandic Provisions Vanilla Skyr Yogurt, 5.3 oz - Smith's Food and Drug

I'm revising what I bring to work for snacks.  Tonight I'll be auditioning this.