Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2021 Edition

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Well, a new month and time for yet another reset.  (Upteenth time's the charm, right?😉😆)

Tossed all the food I want to give up yesterday.  I have to get off all that stuff I allowed myself over the winter.  I'm now almost ten pounds over what I want.  That's the most I've ever been.😨  And if I don't get it off in the next couple of months when the weather is decent for me to get the most exercise, I'll be sunk when it gets too hot to leave the house.

So, I have to get my HEP more in line with the rest of my life--down to basics.  Self discipline.  I have no one else to blame.

@geezerette, you have inspired me.  I had gotten rid of so much junk a little while ago but still had so much. Yesterday, I gave away most of it and threw out some too. The bags were so heavy in all sense of the word - physically and figuratively.  I still have some things but at least I dont reach for those things all the time and still have ingredients to make things but at least if I am making them, it will require an effort that I know I am not always going to do.  It feels good to get that all out.  This past week, I even resisted bringing ice cream home and I was craving it.  BUT, it is time. I know I have said that before but.....all I can do is reset again. 

I bought the makings for the famous cabbage soup that supposedly helps with losing weight. I will make a batch today and see if I can count on the soup to help me through some moments.  Plus, I feel I need to give my body a break so I will use this soup as fill in when I need it.  These things are always better in thought but I need to get past always reaching for the bad stuff. 

I also loaded up on fruits as well.  I now have bananas, oranges, and yesterday I bought apples and grapes. A little too much perhaps but better than junk food.  I tried a new apple @just bee  from Costco it is called the twisted apple.  A twist between honey crisp and Cripps Pink. I only had one so far so need to try another to really see how I feel about them. 

We are heading into spring and summer and I not even close to fitting in my warm weather clothes. 

@aprilskies 

Too true.

It's really mind over matter with me.  I get horrible cravings, but if I can just do without for a few hours, I get over it.  But I can't get over it if what I'm craving is sitting in the cupboard where I can too easily dig into it.

Like Pavlov's dogs, I'm conditioned to start salivating for junk food when I go grocery shopping.  Thankfully I only go about once a week, so I can get a couple of things to satisfy myself for that day.  Once a week isn't too bad and it isn't enough to send me over the edge.  

But I have to limit myself to just enough for that one day.  Anything left over until the next day is the beginning of another downhill spiral for me.

It sounds like you have a good grip on what you want to accomplish, which is a big part of the journey.  And I do think that warmer weather helps a lot. You can get by a lot easier on lighter foods and more fruits are available to use as substitutes for sweets.

And then there's incentive to exercise more in nicer weather.  At least that's what I've been told...🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

I have a six-hour class today and I'm just not in the mood.  I'd rather be...

The World's First Bee Influencer Is Trying To Save The Bees - Success Life  Lounge

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

I'm so impressed by everyone who is only up by 9-10 lbs. That is nothing to me, I've been up and down by 30-40 pounds or more multiple times over the course of my life. That's why I was able to lose 50 last year, I was at the highest I had ever been.

Right now I'm at a good weight but I want to drop just a few pounds because I like the idea of having a "cushion" so to speak, so if I splurge or go off track for a few weeks I won't outgrow my clothes. I want to try really hard to break the cycle this time, but it is definitely not easy.

@rnmom 

Maybe at a certain age ten feels like fifty.  I actually carry extra weight fairly well so it's not as noticeable.  But I can definitely feel it and it needs to go.

I just have to keep the items that I was keeping out of the house out of the house.

@just bee 

@rnmom 

I can only get about ten pounds over my goal weight.  Even at that, I'm so physically sick and uncomfortable I start automatically eating less.  The problem is that at that point it's just so hard to move around because I feel so bad that just eating less takes longer to get down to the weight where I feel better to be able to move more.  That make any sense?

If I could physically continue to eat, I would easily become a candidate for one of those reality shows because I'm a binge eater like those people are.  Thankfully my DNA won't let me.  

But I have to go back to only allowing myself an extra five pounds.  Anything more than that is too hard to get back off.  Especially the older I get and the less I move.  

Actually, like @rnmom, I want to get a couple of pounds lower than my goal so that I do have a two pound cushion.  Two pounds is even easier to get off than five.  But then, none is even easier.😉

Honored Contributor

Must take shower.  Must start day.

Ugh.

Criaram a primeira abelha influenciadora do mundo | Hypeness – Inovação e  criatividade para todos.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Must take shower.  Must start day.

Ugh.

Criaram a primeira abelha influenciadora do mundo | Hypeness – Inovação e  criatividade para todos.

@just bee 

6DACFA80-7A94-4377-AFCC-68FD46A876ED.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Carla would like to join The Hive.

Rottie Bee : Rottweiler

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

Carla would like to join The Hive.

Rottie Bee : Rottweiler

@just bee 

She'd probably rather eat it than join it.

613D79E0-08C1-4505-B228-07660F46321D.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

The World's First Bee Influencer Is Trying To Raise Funds To Save Her  Species | Bored Panda

Now I'm watching Bob Ross painting a landscape.  Happy little clouds, happy little trees.

Bob died in 1995.

Need more tea.

@just bee 

I know.  So what's with that commercial he's in now?  Or his likeness, anyway. 

And Jimmy Dean too.  That's just way too creepy.

@geezerette 

Don't get me started.  There's a whole lot that's creepy these days.

@just bee 

I think I find most of it more illogical than creepy.

D64590A0-5B33-4643-8B0F-C24D46CF2359.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

The World's First Bee Influencer Is Trying To Raise Funds To Save Her  Species | Bored Panda

Now I'm watching Bob Ross painting a landscape.  Happy little clouds, happy little trees.

Bob died in 1995.

Need more tea.

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

It's so illogical it's creepy.

21 More Weird Animals You Didn't Know Exist | Bored Panda

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Bob died in 1995.

Need more tea.

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

It's so illogical it's creepy.

21 More Weird Animals You Didn't Know Exist | Bored Panda

@just bee 

D9EC6B0C-87E5-4052-A69F-393A97DFBC06.jpeg