Contributor

Mary Beth yeara ago sold teddy bears with a vender named Gary. Do you lnoe hte brand of bear and what ever happened to Gary. Do you knoe his full name so I can goggle him?

Trusted Contributor

That was Gary Lowenthal with Boyd's Bears. I have a closet full of them that I need to get rid of. 

Contributor

OMG thanks  Lori

Honored Contributor

Re: Teddy Bears

[ Edited ]

@Lori Kaye   Lori,  police departments love to get stuffed animals to give to children during times of crises in their families.   You might consider donating them to your local PD. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Teddy Bears

[ Edited ]

I remember them and their Big Hit back in the late 1950's.

"To Know Him is to Love Him".

One of my favorite romantic songs, Still listen to it on my "Golden Oldies Hits" on my CD collection. It a shame The Teddy Bears Trio was so short lived.

hckynutjohn)

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor
I collected the figurines in his collection. I remember the time Mary Beth and Gary were presenting and Marie Osmond came on set as she was up next. Gary blurted out something that included the f word. I felt so bad for MB. I don't think the company is in business anymore.
Trusted Contributor

He was very abrasive.  Then a lady started to represent the line.  I think she may have been his wife.  I had forgotten all about that line.

Honored Contributor

Wasn't Boyd's Bears originally a company out of Gettysburg, PA.? I love stuffed bears and have a few of the larger BB, I still have them sitting around my house.

Honored Contributor

@Leelynn wrote:
I collected the figurines in his collection. I remember the time Mary Beth and Gary were presenting and Marie Osmond came on set as she was up next. Gary blurted out something that included the f word. I felt so bad for MB. I don't think the company is in business anymore.

What was Gary so upset about?  That Marie walked onto the set?  He must have had anger management issues.

Esteemed Contributor

Gary was hysterical!!  He was usually on with Mary Beth and she would laugh through the entire show.  It was so fun to watch.