Honored Contributor

Classroom Organization and Supplies - Great Marker Storage

Honored Contributor

Classroom Organization and Supplies - Stay on Top of the Paper Trail with Labeled Binder Clips

Honored Contributor

Classroom Organization and Supplies - Make Cheap and Effective Erasers for a White Board

Trusted Contributor

lolakimono-

From this teacher, thank you.

These are great ideas!  I have taught kindergarten for sooooooo many years and still going.  Hope you don't mind that I use them.  Trying to find things to share here. Not good with posting photos.

Trusted Contributor

Wow! I'm not a teacher, but I think these are great!  I especially like the wine rack and dry erase marker ideas. 

BTW, hats off to all of he great teachers out there!

Respected Contributor

Re: Teachers' Toolkit

[ Edited ]

I subbed for all grades while my kids were young and saw great ideas ! Then, I taught French I in grade 8. After that, I was hired full time to teach English to at risk 9th graders. When that program was dissolved I was tenured so I went back to middle school teaming teaching Autistic 6-8 graders. I honestly can say I loved teaching all of those, but my last 10 years were the best!

K-2 First day each student got a bag with a Hersey kiss, cotton ball, paper clip, etc that were to remind students tho stick together, speak softly, etc. I didn't do it but my kids got them. It's probably on line.

K-12 two solo cups, one green, one red with the bottoms glued together. When the green side was up, student understood instructions, was doing well on activity, etc. if the red side was up, student was stuck or needed help. It kept anyone from feeling like they were only one not getting it and teacher knew immediately when lesson wasn't going well or going too fast. 

6-7 grade if student could recite, answer, remember, etc list of something from lesson, I made a "ball" out of a piece of paper. I clasp my hands together and became a "basketball" net. For each item remembered, student moved one step closer to me. Then, if the shot was made, student either got prize or a bonus point on quiz, or "behavior mark" removed, whatever was important. It really hooked the hard to reach students and was a fun incentive!

6-12 I began every marking period with an A or 100 in my grade book for each student. I explained it was much easier to maintain an A average than to bring lower average up! I had many students who had never had an A before! I even had some students ask me to write a note home that they had an A average!

of course, I, like all of you I'm sure, kept food in my room! I kept cheese crackers, either with cheese inside or peanut butter, fruit snacks, pretzels, etc. we also had students we sent food home on the weekends! 

if you have any q's about teaching a child on the spectrum, I'll be happy to help, if I can! If I don't know it, I'll ask my dd who is working on Ph.D. In Autism. The neat thing was that I had the kids in grades 6-8 and my dd taught them until they graduated!

If if I remember anything else, I'll add it. I love your ideas, too bad I'm retired!🤗

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Contributor

Thank you for the wonderful ideas!! Wishing all teachers out there a wonderful school year!!

Honored Contributor

Classroom Organization and Supplies - Use Plastic Plates as Individual White Boards for Students.

Honored Contributor

@Imadickens wrote:

K-12 two solo cups, one green, one red with the bottoms glued together. When the green side was up, student understood instructions, was doing well on activity, etc. if the red side was up, student was stuck or needed help. It kept anyone from feeling like they were only one not getting it and teacher knew immediately when lesson wasn't going well or going too fast. 

@Imadickens

This is the 2.0 version-

Awesome friendly classroom management techniques for the secondary teacher!  Photo Credit: www.theardentteacher.com:

Honored Contributor