Honored Contributor

Re: THE WONDER OF WINTER ☃️🌲❄️🎿

@Sweet Caroline 1   Try researching online, in the meantime, there is a lot of information on what to eat and what not. 

"What is the best thing to eat when your blood sugar is low?"

"Fruits that provide the appropriate amount of carbohydrates include half a banana, 15 grapes, two tablespoons of raisins or a small apple or orange. Fruit juice can also boost blood sugar levels. Norton suggests half a cup (4 ounces ) of your favorite fruit juice, such as apple, orange, pineapple or cranberry juice"
Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

It is sunny and very windy and cool today, and for days to come.  Next week, back to the 60's.

Well, pups escaped again on Saturday, and this time, it wasn't my fault.  We found a hole the girl pushed through the wire fence, she is strong, so told DH he will have to put 24" tall plywood on all four fences, can't get through wood, I hope, lol.

It was so lucky that another woman found them and called me.  Loose dogs are never seen here, and I assume that is why she asked me if I was new to the area.  I sent DH to the address, he came back saying I gave him another address, not true, so sent him back.

This time, the girl knew she had been naughty, stayed very quiet the rest of the day.  Remmy was upset so reassured him.

They will not go to the patch for at least another week, DH wanted them to go yesterday, and I told him, well, never mind what I told him, LOL.

I made teriyaki steak last night with fries, hadn't made that for eons, so good it was.  I made a blueberry cobbler, but it wasn't a good recipe, I just ate the berries, too sweet, the berries alone are sweet enough for me right from the freezer.

I am still full from last night's dinner, so DH will be eating leftover chili tonight.  I will be making lots more for the freezer this week, it is so good, just made it up one night.

I watched the CNN special on LBJ, very interesting, more tonight.

@mousiegirl 

So glad someone spotted your dogs again. That was always my worry too, my pets getting out, why do they want to escape our cushy homes?! We had just moved to the Kansas City area and had arranged for a fence company ahead of time to install one in our backyard for dog's safety. I had a medium sized beautiful mutt and a small Bichon. With a warm feeling of having this security for the dogs I let them outside without their leases to explore their new yard. My Bichon, as if she had a sixth sense, darted immediately to an area along the fence where the ground dipped and started pushing her way under. I managed to grab her rear before her escape and now those dips are always discussed with fence installers. 

I am glad you mentioned that the LBJ series was interesting, I was thinking about watching it myself. I had started recording an Abraham Lincoln series just starting instead so passed on it but I will check it out now. I think we like of similar tv stuff. 

Honored Contributor

!cid 5AF840B5-2486-4991-9DAD-B2171EBBC446           @1Snickers    

Your prayers are appreciated. I'm praying for our country too.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Crazy wind today and dark skies though the sun is trying to push the clouds away, may succeed.  It is supposed to rain, but I highly doubt it, may rain in other areas but not here.

I have been gradually putting my Winter display items away, but will wait a bit longer to completely remove everything as I am enjoying it still.

I will be making the chili and saving some meat to make German hamburgers for tonight with a salad.

When DH went to Costco last week, I sent him to the produce market nearby.  I asked him to get a package of sopresatta salami which was hanging in the small deli area.  I neglected to say "sliced," never occurred to me, so he brought it home in sausage form.  I prefer slices as it is eaten and gone, do not like this sort of thing in the house, so of course, I have been nibbling on it, not good, but it is gone now.  I will eat oatmeal or bran today to push it through, lol.

If anyone eats saltine crackers, the wheat is much better tasting, I find.  DH likes crackers when he eats soups, so have several types here.  I usually buy crackers with seeds, and always have my little Crunchmaster gluten free seeded crackers, so crispy.

Honored Contributor

Gypsy caravan - Kannelia   @viva923 

What a relief that your new neighbors seem to be nice ones. I hope you and DH are doing well. How is your DD and family doing?

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

May be an image of person, child, dog and outdoors

Honored Contributor

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'May Your TUESDAY THANKFUL THIRTEEN WITH ILLED Ha'

Honored Contributor

May be an illustration of indoor

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

May be an illustration

Honored Contributor

May be a cartoon of cat