Honored Contributor

Re: THE SIDEWALK CAFE......join us to cool off with your favorite Summer drink.

[ Edited ]

5 august

hello guys

DD is still in zone out, she said she is still processing the information.

what I did find out was that thyroid cancer runs on dh side of the family. Apparently 3 or 4 of his brothers and sisters have had thyroid cancer one shape for form. His mother is also on thyroid medicine for some kind of illness.   He had NO idea about this. His family really don't keep in contact with us, because of problems we had many many years ago. This is going back 40 yrs ago.

DD talked with her sister in law today (dh brother's 2nd wife). Tamara has had the most deadly kind of thyroid cancer and is in remission. So Tamara who is a graduate RN in the cancer field was giving DD many pointers of what to ask for, about, you know the drill when bad news is given.

I can't thank you guys enough for the love and hugs, and wonderful pep talks I got today.  I know you guys will always be here for me. Just wish we lived closer.

much love tonight. Will check in later. Dh and I will be meeting up with a friend tonight (retired military couple) to just talk and hang out after a day like this.

ok later.

Regular Contributor

@AnikaBrodie, thank you for the message and so sorry for not replying sooner. It's been a busy summer so far. We are celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Time really does fly! I don't go back to Philly for my onc appt until Sept 19th. I am asking for big time prayers for my brother Tony. He saw his dr. today and the cancer has spread to his liver and lungs. My heart is breaking.

Honored Contributor

sending prayers photos | send prayers of comfort and peace.:

JerseyGirl,   Sending you prayers for yourself and especially for your brother,  Tony.  I'm sorry the news wasn't better for him and   I am hoping that the doctors will find some way to help him fight this terrible illness and help him find the strength needed to face this.  Sending you a hug from afar.  Take care of yourself.  Heart

Regular Contributor

@possummink, thank you so very much for your kind words and prayers. I am praying for a miracle.

Honored Contributor

This kitty is just precious. Couldn't be any cuter.:

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

@possummink wrote:

@possummink  Precious, beautiful baby. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

5 august,

the friend get together never happened. we called her 3 times and no answer, even left voice messages. dh and i did out to eat we did travel to DD house to see her and the grandkids.  

Jersey girl, so very sorry to hear of the devastating news. I guess today was a day from heck with bad news all around.

do hope your brother will have a turn around.

got really warm and humid tonight. 

suppose to rain tomorrow.

have one of the grandkids with us tonight. then she will be exchanged tomorrow with the baby 2 yr old will be coming for day maybe an overnighter depending on how long the kids stay at that baby shower.

ok guys that is all for now. see you all tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Tasty meal...:

Honored Contributor

Tanfield Railway: A standard-gauge heritage-railway in Gateshead and County Durham, England:

Honored Contributor

*Canadian Pacific Railway - My Dad and Granddad were railroad engineers - Love me some trains.: