Trusted Contributor

Re: So you think QVC has high S&H charges.......................

@shoechic Some sites charge $14 and more for just one or 2 items. Soft Surroundings and Vermont Country store, for example. $3.50 per item is more than reasonable. The only way to avoid shipping charges, whether outright or built in to the price of goods is to shop at brick-and-mortar stores..

Honored Contributor

No, I don't think $3.50 is high.

Compared to what it costs me elsewhere (I buy all my yarn online) - $3.50 is cheap.

Super Contributor

@Buffalogal47 I don't shop at the website you mentioned, but I shop many others. I only buy stuff on sale, use coupon codes, rebates etc. I shop at Soma, Ulta, Old Navy, H&M, UO & Skechers (probably others too). I get free shipping from all of them. Either because of the amount I spent or because I'm a rewards member or just because. Even Zulily only charges you $5.95 S&H for the 1st item, then it's free the rest of the day or weekend (I only shop brands I know at Zulily like Ryka, Skechers, etc.). I have never paid $14.50 s&h anywhere that I can recall...except Q (4 items in same order). I agree that $3.50 is awesome if you are only buying 1 thing. 

They can do better!

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

On Amazon there is a deal on Dawn Dish Soap, you get 4 bottles and includes a sponge for $14.99.  Sounds good right?

Well the kicker is the shipping is $69.99

@Imaoldhippie 

Don't imagine they sell many of that package. Since 90+% of my purchases are from there! Their prime service is free and worth every penny to me.

My wife buys on these shopping networks, but my purchases from either have to be free, or I pass.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)