Trusted Contributor

Sister is mad at me? (Kidding!)

I feel so bad.  My sister in FL sent me oranges from her yard for Christmas.  They did not travel well.  They are all completely mushy, and the top one had exploded in the box and is moldy.  Blech!  I hope she can recover the shipping charges at least.  😔

image002.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Sister is mad at me? (Kidding!)

Sounds like they may have been stored where they froze.  My friend in Texas sent me grapefruit from her tree one year and they were fine, except I'm not crazy about grapefruit. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  You know, they just might have been frozen.  I thought they felt really, really cold when I tried to pick them up.  As for grapefruit, I'd rather have oranges.  

Esteemed Contributor

OMG! 😲  They sure didn't survive the trip. You must be disappointed. 

Honored Contributor

Probably because they went through several tempersture changes in transit. If I was going to send citrus fruit through the mail, I would have wrapped each in bubble wrap and included ice packs.

Trusted Contributor

@Effie54  I just feel bad for her.  She went to the trouble and expense of trying to do something nice.  She's retired and money is tight for her, so it's just disappointing from that standpoint.  😕

Honored Contributor

That's so sad and such a shame!  She was trying to send you a box of sunshine and it just didn't work out.  It was such a beautiful thought.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Effie54  I just feel bad for her.  She went to the trouble and expense of trying to do something nice.  She's retired and money is tight for her, so it's just disappointing from that standpoint.  😕

Oh I know....I'm sure she meant well. It's hard when a gift is given with the heart. It is disappointing. It's the thought that counts....she was sweet to send them. ❤️