Honored Contributor

I have never in my life shaved my legs every day; don’t even shave them once a week now that I’m retired.  I’m too busy keeping up with the hairs on my chin to worry about what’s growing on my legs!

Honored Contributor

From the time I started shaving my underarms and legs, I did it every day.  I guess maybe I was in my 60's when the hair just didn't grow any more so I don't have to shave my legs and underarms almost never too.  Chin and face--have to do it more often now.  Glad I got that Contour shaver from QVC.  

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I used the NO NO for a year and most of the hair on my legs doesn't grow now.  I might have to shave a few small areas every couple of weeks but even if I did shave daily that is not washing your legs.  While soap and water does trickle down, scrubbing is needed to get dead skin, dirt and lotions off your skin.  And if you don't wash your legs then you must skip your toes and feet also.  All I can say is Yuck!! 

@Pook May I also add that not washing feet daily may lead to toe fungus.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no hair under my arms.  Barely any hair on my legs, I shave quarterly whether I need it or not.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I began shaving around 11 or 12 years of age.  I am going to be 66 next month.  I shave every day and always have, except maybe if I was sick in bed.   I don't care for the feeling of rubbing my legs together and feeling stubble so I am sure that my DH doesn't either (mine, that is LOL ). I think it is part of good grooming.  I am not particularly hairy either.  I soap up in the shower and use a disposable razor so I guess that takes care of the leg washing, too.

@tends2dogs   I am 63  now and at age 47 and going into full menopause, I no longer had leg hair or under arm hair to shave.  I never have to shave anymore which I do not mind.  I am surprised you still do!

Respected Contributor

I am super hairy and it’s coarse and curly.  I could never stand the prickly stubble, so I shaved almost daily. Then did an epilator for couple years, but got horrible ingrown hairs. Really??

But Recently I got a Braun IPL unit that stops hair growth. iT IS AWESOME! It takes several months of use, but now, although I still have the hair follicles ( for some people it completely kills the follicles, but not my stubborn hair). But my leg hair barely grows at all  now- GET one if you hate your leg hair!  Worth every penny! BTW, I’m 57 and post- meno, but my hair did not decrease one bit- 

I learned of this amazing device on this board!  Appreciation... 💝💝💝

Honored Contributor

I used to shave every day too...now that I'm about to turn 65 (!) I no longer have much body hair (thank goodness the hair on my head is still thick!) and  rarely need to shave.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I have never in my life shaved my legs every day; don’t even shave them once a week now that I’m retired.  I’m too busy keeping up with the hairs on my chin to worry about what’s growing on my legs!

@RedTop  ..... lol ... me too .... those chin hairs drive me crazy!!!!😂🤣

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Since hitting meno, I hardly have any leg hair, so I very rarely shave my legs.

same here @Anonymous032819 .....one of the benefits of menopause! i can almost go all winter without having to shave my legs now. underarms are a different story.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Since hitting meno, I hardly have any leg hair, so I very rarely shave my legs.

same here @Anonymous032819 .....one of the benefits of menopause! i can almost go all winter without having to shave my legs now. underarms are a different story.

Exact opposite for me!

One waxing for underarms (and elsewhereWoman Wink) and no need to shave ever again.

Legs, every night.  Every. Night.  Below the knees only. 

But if I think I can get away with it----wrong!  Out of bed and to the side of the tub--3 o'clock in the morning. 

I can't sleep if there's anything there!!!  I've woken DH up with the light and the faucet.  Meno behind me, but not shaving!!