Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and Happy Weekend to ALL Friday June 26

Welcome to the NEW QVC Forum, Week 2.  I hope you will all find your way here so that we can share a bit of our time together every Friday. 

Shabbat Shalom to all the "Shabbos Shvesters" who observe, and a happy, sunny weekend to all.

It seems that we've been hearing many sad and troubling stories lately regarding health and family issues. May these problems all be resolved.

May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well.

May your burdens and worries blow away with the wind.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life.

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones.

Many prayers for our country's well being and world peace. The terrorists are invading like roaches, and must be stopped! May our leaders who keep our country strong find the wisdom, courage and strength to make the right decisions for our security and well-being.

Prayers to the survivors and loved ones of the nine people who were murdered while worshiping at their church. May this never happen again. 

Good thoughts and thanks to our military. May they come home safely and SOON. Bless all the servicemen that didn't make it home; and to those who are serving, thank you for being there to protect our safety.

Special prayers for all the children...may they have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive. No child should ever go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps. May our own children be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of sadness.

May your parents be healthy and happy as well. I hope everyone's mom and dad and children are healthy, and/or getting better.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent or a loved one recently. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong.

Try to do a good deed for a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better.

May the best of everything come your way, today and every day.

Ellen, my dear Shvester, I hope you'll be able to post today. I wish you the best of good health ALWAYS.

Donna, I'm thinking about you and your mom and hope she is resting comfortably.

Welcome to all those who are joining us today. Good Shabbos!

Hugs, Sunny xox

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom and Happy Weekend to ALL Friday June 26

Good Shabbos to you, too, Sunny.  Are you the one that originally started this thread?  I've started a few for the holidays.  I like the tone of your post and all the prayers you left. Heart

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Valued Contributor

Shabbat Shalom. This was my first week back at minyan to say Kaddish for my mother in a while. With school out, I'm not too exhausted to stay awake and go. I plan to go to Shabbat services for Kaddish this week, too. Next week I have a class that overlaps time-wise on minyan night. Mama was Shomer Shabbos as much as she could be and taught first grade Hebrew school, as well as art/creativity and substituting at the local JDS. It'll be 6 months this Sunday.
Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all who observe. Wishing all a good weekend with health and happiness.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

I always loved this thread. Before Sunny started this one, there were a few Jewsih ladies who would call it a candle lighting thread. It was just as nice

Esteemed Contributor

@kutira wrote:

Good Shabbos to you, too, Sunny.  Are you the one that originally started this thread?  I've started a few for the holidays.  I like the tone of your post and all the prayers you left. Heart

Hi kutira, yes I was the one that originally started the Shabbat Shalom thread, although as cherry pointed out, there was a candlelighting thread going on before I found this board. I started Shabbat Shalom on Viewpoints, or as it was called back then, News and Views. A few years ago I was asked by the powers that be to move Shabbat Shalom to the Among Friends board. I guess there were some posters who were offended by our weekly greetings, not just as Shabbat Shalom, but all-inclusive, wishing everybody a happy weekend as well. So be it. We're here and although we don't get the traffic that the other board gets, we're still here for everyone. 

I don't recognize your name, but thank you for the kind words, and welcome!!  

Sunny

Esteemed Contributor

@rac71 wrote:
Shabbat Shalom. This was my first week back at minyan to say Kaddish for my mother in a while. With school out, I'm not too exhausted to stay awake and go. I plan to go to Shabbat services for Kaddish this week, too. Next week I have a class that overlaps time-wise on minyan night. Mama was Shomer Shabbos as much as she could be and taught first grade Hebrew school, as well as art/creativity and substituting at the local JDS. It'll be 6 months this Sunday.

rac71, I'm very sorry for your loss. Many of us here have lost one or both parents, and so we can empathize, especially when the loss is recent. You're a good daughter and I'm sure your mother would be very proud of what you are doing in her blessed memory. 

Thank you for posting here today. I'm not recognizing your name, so I welcome you to our thread, and wish you a good weekend. 

Sunny

Honored Contributor

Enjoy the weekend in good health!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

Good Shabbos and happy weekend.  I hope everyone has a peaceful, safe and laughter filled weekend.

Sunny, thank you for your heartfelt prayers and thoughts, especially concerning my mom.  Thank you for this inclusive, respectful thread.   I second your prayers.

I visited Charleston, SC, many years ago.  I visited the Mother Emanuel AME church on a city tour.   I hope those who lost their lives there rest in peace. I hope those who attend, once again, feel the same peace and kindness I felt when I visited.

For all those suffering in the heat, rain or drought, I hope your situation improves.

I am grateful for my friends, who are there for me whenever I need them. 

Today is National Chocolate Pudding Day.   I am leaving you regular and sugar free chocolate pudding desserts....

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

@sunala,

I've posted once or twice but not recently. My mama was the only one to call me Channah, and often referred to me that way to others. I won't be Channah Baruchah to anyone else again.