Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom and Happy January Weekend to All 1/6/17

Good Shabbos, stay warm and safe.

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos and happy weekend!

I hope your area is not getting snow! If you are, stay safe and relax.

My son went back to Chicago this week.  Miss him already!

Wednesday, my husband had rotator  cuff surgery. It was a bit more involved than first thought, but he is resting comfortably.   I am his private duty nurse. lol   He needs help with doing everything.  He is a righty..........and guess what shoulder was operated on?   He will be in a sling for 6 weeks and pt for another 12-16 weeks.

I hope everyone has a great week! 

Thank you Sunny for this thread. Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shabbat Shalom to all you lovely people.  Dmod, hope your husband's recovery will go smoothly. 

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims'  families of the senseless shootings at the Ft. Lauderdale airport.  Very sad.

Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Good Shabbos and happy weekend!

I hope your area is not getting snow! If you are, stay safe and relax.

My son went back to Chicago this week.  Miss him already!

Wednesday, my husband had rotator  cuff surgery. It was a bit more involved than first thought, but he is resting comfortably.   I am his private duty nurse. lol   He needs help with doing everything.  He is a righty..........and guess what shoulder was operated on?   He will be in a sling for 6 weeks and pt for another 12-16 weeks.

I hope everyone has a great week! 

Thank you Sunny for this thread. Heart

Hi @dmod nj I'm sorry your hubby needed rotator cuff surgery. He is very lucky to have you as his full time private nurse! Of course righties need surgery on their right limbs, and vice versa. It's just the way it is. Makes it a bit more of a challenge, as if the surgery weren't enough!

Now you must take care of yourself as well. I can see how much having your son at home means to you. Life is sweet when we're surrounded by those we love. I hope your mom is resting comfortably as well.

Stay warm this weekend. We are going to be having some snow from tonight to Sunday, and my granddaughter has theater tickets in the city on Sunday. Hopefully she'll be able to get there. She's been looking forward to this show for months.

Whatever you need where you live, I hope you get it. Warmth if you're cold, rain if you're dry, and a breeze if you're hot.

Hugs, Sunny XOX

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Echoing all the good wishes!    @dmod nj, my prayers for your mom and your DH.  As the odd weather patterns make their way across the country, I hope everyone is safe and cozy.   I'm feeling a bit pensive, just having read Lotus' thread in Community Chat and also hearing from a friend that his mom received bad news about her health and probably will be going into hospice.    A good reminder to hold close those we love and to try and open our hearts a wee bit more even to those with whom we might not always agree.   My love to all of you.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Yikes, I am so sorry I am late!

Sunny and friends Good Shabbos!

Donna, I hope your mother is resting well, and that your son is back home safe and sound. Lots of hugs for your husband. I hope his shoulder heals quickly and that his therapy isn't too tough. I have frozen shoulders and go to torture (pt) once a week, trying to avoid surgery.

Please everyone be careful in these storms. We begged for rain and someone heard, but as my mother used to say: "Be careful what you wish for"

My son at Tahoe spent the day prepping for the storm. had to work on the driveway and sandbag and get batteries etc. 

We will have a break in the weather tomorrow so will try to prune some of the roses.

Again, I am sorry I am late, I just forgot to come here!

Donna I am sending you some Chicken soup and Mc Connels ice cream.

xoxo, henny

Trusted Contributor

Sorry I'm very late; just can't get online at my new place.  I hope everyone had a great Shabbos and Chanukah was wonderful for all!  Tata for now!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor

Please don't any of you apologize for being "late." There is no such thing as late on Shabbat Shalom!

Enjoy your week, everyone. We had about 10" of snow over the weekend. We're shoveled out now, but I'm not anxious to go anywhere. Too cold brrrr

I heard that midweek the temperature will be in the 50's. How crazy is THAT???

Stay warm and safe and dry!!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett