Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & a Happy July Weekend to All! Friday 7/7/17

@dooBdoo

I don't know anyone who does not have a stress free week.  I think sometimes we just get used to a routine then something changes and the stress becomes different.  Sometimes we are a little better equipped to deal with it but this week contained the "sucker punch" and while it didn't knock me off my game, I was sorely disappointed in some events that happened.  This is what caused the stress.   Everyone will survive-I just need to re-group.  I am so thankful this thread had not had the contention that some of the other threads on the boards have had.  It is a joy and blessing to "get to know" the contributors to this thread and even though we may not be all of the same faith, we all seem to have the same goals.  For that, I will be forever grateful and will pray that the world could get along as well as this thread does.

Esteemed Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@dooBdoo

I don't know anyone who does not have a stress free week.  I think sometimes we just get used to a routine then something changes and the stress becomes different.  Sometimes we are a little better equipped to deal with it but this week contained the "sucker punch" and while it didn't knock me off my game, I was sorely disappointed in some events that happened.  This is what caused the stress.   Everyone will survive-I just need to re-group.  I am so thankful this thread had not had the contention that some of the other threads on the boards have had.  It is a joy and blessing to "get to know" the contributors to this thread and even though we may not be all of the same faith, we all seem to have the same goals.  For that, I will be forever grateful and will pray that the world could get along as well as this thread does.

@mustang66lady - and I'll say AMEN to that!!!

I hope this week will provide peace and strength for you!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Sorry....so late, it's already shabbos. Happy weekend to all.

As August approaches, I remember our wedding (48 yrs. ago on Aug. 2nd.!!). We couldn't get married until after 9PM....sundown on that Sat. night. The rabbi was very strict about it. So, no one had dinner until almost 11. There were a lot of grouchy relatives. Makes me smile to think about it.

Shabbat Shalom to all my sisters. Good memories for you, too....always.

Shanus

@Shanus- I'm laughing out loud from your wedding story. We also got married in August, and only a year before you! We had the same issue with not being able to have the ceremony until after Shabbos. They wanted to have the cocktail hour first, which I declined, as I didn't want to miss one second of the festivities.

So...everyone had to wait until the ceremony was over to eat, then they had this huge spread of food, and THEN directly into the six course dinner and THEN they wheeled out the overflowing Viennese desserts lolol Today they just wouldn't do it that way, I'm sure.

Happy early 48th anniversary to you!!!

Happy Anniversary to you, too Sunny. That's exactly how the night went...food wise. By 10PM, DH & I were the only ones who cared there was a wedding. The other guests were ready to turn into cannibals!! 😂