Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All 8/11/17

@I am still oxox wrote:

Good Shabbos and it will be a great one here. Hubby will go back to work starting a week from Monday, 3 days a week until the end of September and then full time in October, it has been a very long road.

He does not have to see the doc again until December, his infection is being kept at bay and he might have to be on a low does of penicillin for ever which is better than any alternative

@I am still oxox- what wonderful news! Your hubby has gone through so much, as of course you have as well. It will be good for both of you when he goes back to work so he can feel productive and you can take care of yourself.

I wish him the very very best of good health! xox

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Waving hi to everyone. Smiley Happy  Hope you're ready to start the weekend.  Happy weekend!! 

Good Shabbos.

Yesterday was my son's 25th birthday.  Wasn't he born just the other day?  Wasn't I just 25 the other day?   We celebrated via skype.  He and his gf had a lovely day and evening together.  I had a small pity party for myself. This was his  first birthday were were not together. 

With so much going on in the world, my prayer  is for peace, calm, and patience.

Today is National Panini Day and National Raspberry Tart Day.  Enjoy the assorted paninis and tarts for dessert.  Of course there are sugar free tarts. Smiley Happy 

@dmod nj- a very happy 25th birthday to your son! And yes, those years fly by faster and faster the older we get. How does it happen?

Thank you for those great paninis and the delicious raspberry tarts; they look heavenly. I bought a Wolfgang Puck panini maker several years ago from HSN and I just love it. I thought it would sit with in a cabinet with the rest of the useless kitchen appliances I've bought over the years, but I use the panini maker all the time. It doesn't have any fancy settings (on and off; that's it), but I use it for everything. I even use it to make toast.

Enjoy your weekend, dear Donna!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Good Shabbos Sunny and friends,

I am hoping for peace for the world and for all of us.

My father used to paraphrase ----A soft answer turns away anger.----Something to ponder.

I am heading to a local grocery store tomorrow to buy freshly roasted Hatch chilis. We buy a case and split them with the kids. It is such fun. I remember Jacque Gonzales used to talk about them all the time, and now we get them once a year here in CA.

Donna, time is zooming. My baby turned 30 this summer. Aaaaak!----

Thank you as always for sharing your goodies with us!

I should dig out my panini maker, haven't used it in ages.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

xoxo, henny

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny  what are Hatch Chillies, I got an e mail that out local Fresh Market has them, I have no idea what they are. thanks 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

Waving hi to everyone. Smiley Happy  Hope you're ready to start the weekend.  Happy weekend!! 

Good Shabbos.

Yesterday was my son's 25th birthday.  Wasn't he born just the other day?  Wasn't I just 25 the other day?   We celebrated via skype.  He and his gf had a lovely day and evening together.  I had a small pity party for myself. This was his  first birthday were were not together. 

With so much going on in the world, my prayer  is for peace, calm, and patience.

Today is National Panini Day and National Raspberry Tart Day.  Enjoy the assorted paninis and tarts for dessert.  Of course there are sugar free tarts. Smiley Happy 

@dmod nj- a very happy 25th birthday to your son! And yes, those years fly by faster and faster the older we get. How does it happen?

Thank you for those great paninis and the delicious raspberry tarts; they look heavenly. I bought a Wolfgang Puck panini maker several years ago from HSN and I just love it. I thought it would sit with in a cabinet with the rest of the useless kitchen appliances I've bought over the years, but I use the panini maker all the time. It doesn't have any fancy settings (on and off; that's it), but I use it for everything. I even use it to make toast.

Enjoy your weekend, dear Donna!

Hi @sunala thanks for the birthday wishes for my Drummer Boy. Smiley Happy 

I'm so glad you use your panini maker. I don't have one. Maybe I should get one? lol   I don't have a lot of kitchen appliances.... a  Kitchenaid  mixer and a Cuisinart .  After my mom passed, I took the Cuisinart .    I waited many months for a replacement blade after the recall. 

I do have a food mill which belong to  my paternal grandmother.  I use it to break up plum tomatoes when making sauce/Italian gravy.

If I had a big kitchen or pantry, I would have many more kitchen gadgets/appliances.

Have a wonderful weekend. Smiley Happy  Cloudy here today.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@hennypenny  what are Hatch Chillies, I got an e mail that out local Fresh Market has them, I have no idea what they are. thanks 

Hi @I am still oxox  I think they are chillie  peppers from New Mexico, if I remember correctly.  I've never seen them in Jersey. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox, Donna is right. They are from Hatch New Mexico. They are related to an Anaheim or Pablamo chili which are green very flavorful chilies used for chili rellanos and chili verde.

At Gelson's you can choose between mild or hot. We get the mild, but every once in a while you get a hot one.

We buy a big cardboard box full. They dump the box in the roaster and then when charred they put them back in the box. When we get home we take them out of the box, and lay them flat on cookie sheets to cool. I leave the charred skins on and don't remove til ready to use. When they are cool we put them in gallon baggies keeping them as flat as possible and freeze them They will keep a year if you can resist using them. 

I would guess you can buy a smaller quantity at fresh market. Give them a try, they are wonderful! Don't wait though because once discovered they go fast.