Valued Contributor

Is it possible for someone to put a LINK to the Proboard?  I went there and could not maneuver and a link would be a big help.

Honored Contributor

Any advice as to how to post an avatar on the new board when all my choices are apparently too large?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Any advice as to how to post an avatar on the new board when all my choices are apparently too large?

@suzyQ3 

I'm so glad you asked because I'm having trouble with that, too.  No surprise, because frankly I have no idea what I'm doing lol.  I need a step by step for using an internet pic as an avatar, as well as how to use a pic from my computer. And how to do that in a way that doesn't compromise my security.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

@tampalady 

I don't think we're allowed to post links.  Try this:

mellyg dot proboards dot com

Honored Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

I used to belong to a message board that got shut down and it was the same panic as I am seeing here.  Somebody set one up on pro boards. They used all the same categories as the original board, they made a few moderators and guess what  five years later there's still humming along happy as clams.

Pro boards is free and easy to use. Plus, you can post links.

@MG Chris 

Wow, just wow!!!  Thank you for what you started to set in motion!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have a question hoping someone here can help me with.    I want to register with a new email address so I can go and register with  the Pro Board.   Don't want to use the 2 emails I have as they have my  name in them.    So if I sign up at gmail do I have to sign with my real name or can I use a fictional name ?   Dont feel very comfortable giving my name which it asks for.   It has been so long since I created an email address,  don't even remember how I went about it .  

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I have a question hoping someone here can help me with.    I want to register with a new email address so I can go and register with  the Pro Board.   Don't want to use the 2 emails I have as they have my  name in them.    So if I sign up at gmail do I have to sign with my real name or can I use a fictional name ?   Dont feel very comfortable giving my name which it asks for.   It has been so long since I created an email address,  don't even remember how I went about it .  

@Kitty Galore 

Yes, you can sign up with a fictional name at gmail.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

Yes, you can sign up with a fictional name at gmail.  

@Bri369   Thank you !!  Have a good night !