Trusted Contributor

Re: September 2022 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

Birdmama,your absolutely correct about children!  I have two children and will not tolerate a bratty child. I'll be honest. We have not always gotten along with our DIL. It's a long story. But,I'll give her and our son credit. They have raised two very polite,pleasant boys. The boys even send us thank you notes when we give them gifts,they have always seemed to respect people! I'm proud of them!
They are now 21 as 17. How is this possible?😱😁

Honored Contributor

@Leeny   My sister had mis-heard the comment about great niece's RX and so when I walked over to other deck and asked niece what RX is GN on, she casually said ADD med.  I couldn't really bring it up at the other table because my nephew by marriage parents were there and I didn't want to speak out of turn or frankly cause a sh*t-storm.  Suffice it to say I called my sister on my way home (we didn't drive together this time and she left before I did and missed the youngest's outbursts).

My middle sister was stumped and I had to remind her that we saw the littles more when my eldest sister (their grandma was living).  She died at the end of 2016 and visits with her children and grandchildren have lessened with each year.  Kids grow and develop so I can't say what kind of changes were seen in eldest GN to warrant this. I can only talk about the child I knew from birth through age 5 or 6.

To say it's concerning to me would be an understatement.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   big props to you on being able to make ice cream.  I'm not kidding.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Birdmama,but to be honest it's no big deal,just tiring being on my feet a lot. Just throw it together and turn on ice cream maker. It only takes 15 min. a Batch once you turn it on. The longest thing is peeling the peaches,but I put them in the food processor to chop up. The one thing ,if I must be honest,is I like to cook. After 53 years I've become darn good at it,excuse me for bragging, but I like to cook.

Honored Contributor

You know @Epicurean I grew up during an era when it was okay to spank a kid and every butt whooping I got I earned.  I was very involved in my nieces from birth to about 7th grade.  I can tell you that each one got cuffed by me once in their lifetime on a diaper.  My success with the kids came from speaking with authority in a matter of fact manner.  I never had to yell.

Yesterday my niece looked at her phone and said what sign is this child of mine.  I said, she is a Virgo and even though I was born on the Leo/Virgo cusp I feel confident speaking for the entire Virgo community - we ain't claiming her or her unruly behavior. Woman Very Happy

Your two grandsons are a blessing and you are so smart to recognize it.

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean wrote:

I am beat,but it was worth it. Told D. H. To get some peaches at the farmers market,also whole milk and heavy cream. Just got done making two batches of peach ice cream. Will give one to daughter,they get back from Hawaii tomorrow. It tastes just unbelievable! Only make this one once a year when the peaches are ready,will NOT use frozen.🍊🍦😋. If you all lived nearby I'd invite you all over to sit on the screened deck and have some.

@Epicurean   Sounds wonderful!  I would love the recipe, if you would care to share it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  kids and animals always like me.  I remember one time for a diversity and inclusion event or something like that I volunteered for half a day to work with specially abled children for a special olympics type event at a center in Detroit.  I got there early, learned what the goals were, set up obstacle courses, got the prizes ready and just waited for the children to arrive.  Boy did I have a great time.  I ran the obstacle courses, crawled through these long tubes with the kids and acted as cheerleader.  Unbeknownst to me, there was a photographer onsite taking photos from the event.  I had nothing to do with facebook but apparently my last manager I worked for knew about special olympics because her brother was specially able (he was grown).

She told me a few days later did you see your photographs online.  I said I have no idea what you're talking about.  She said special olympics featured you on their facebook page playing with the children.  I said annnndddd?  She said those kids liked you and were laughing and hugging you.  I said, what did you expect?  Do you think children and small animals run in the opposite direction when they see me? 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Birdmama,you know why kids like you ? Because your honest! Kids can spot a phony a mile away!

Honored Contributor

You could be on to something @Epicurean   Kids are kind of magical and pure - when they are really little Woman Wink They're untouched by the ugly stuff in life that bogs most adults down.  They watch everything, absorb the world around them like a sponge and feel more than folks give them credit for. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

not to much here today

did normal chores,

we did get up early to remain on normal rising time

did morn walk

did hang out, no rain till after 4pm

under heavy flood watch

not much else,later guys