Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@sann wrote:

I get a text message often saying my Amazon account has been suspended...I delete it...Scam

@sann I get that one for Amazon all the time too!

Me too.  Almost twice a month.

Honored Contributor

I get these all the time too...about all kinds of things and accounts. I just keep blocking them.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I suppose consider yourself lucky and be vigilant.  The emails don't actually come from the businesses, it's a ruse they use to get us to open an email and provide account information and passwords.  They just send out tens of thousands of emails hoping for a hit.  It's called Phishing.  

Honored Contributor

@Jo1313 wrote:

I keep getting emails that my

Life Lock subscription is expiring to renew for $350..I have never had Life Lock.

Almost everyday I get an email advising that my McAfee protection is expired and needs renewal asap. The email doesn't even look legitimate.  

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Jo1313 wrote:

I keep getting emails that my

Life Lock subscription is expiring to renew for $350..I have never had Life Lock.

Almost everyday I get an email advising that my McAfee protection is expired and needs renewal asap. The email doesn't even look legitimate.  

@chrystaltree I get that McAfee email almost every other day warning me that my subscription (which I don't have) is going to expire. It is a real PITA