Honored Contributor

We are having a bbq next weekend, and  heading to Sam's later this week to pick up food.  Among other things I need to pick up are pre-formed hamburgers and hotdogs...I rarely buy these items at Sams Club, are some brands better than others?  Any recommendations?

We went to a bbq earlier this summer, I think the host purchased the food at Sams....I think, but not sure.

The hotdogs were larger than average and good!  I'd love to find those hotdogs, but don't know the brand.  I am not a friend of the host so I cannot ask what the brand was.

thanks!

Occasional Contributor

I believe the hot dogs you are referring to are the same ones they prepare and sell at the front of the store. Ask about them. They are all beef and are delicious. My husband will have lunch there sometimes after we finish our shopping. These hot dogs are really good!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My girfriend said she went to a BBQ and liked the hot dogs so much, she asked the hostess where she got the hot dogs. Her hostess said Sam's Club. So my girlfriend asked for me to take her to Sam's Club with my membership card. I also do not remember the brand of hot dogs.

But she took a picture of the box and sent it to the hostess. And the hostess replied while we were still shopping. It was a 10 pound box. But my friend said it was for Memorial Day. And if there were any left over they could use the hot dogs 4th of July. She was so happy to get them.

My husband has bought the Angus Burgers and really liked them. He has taken them up to the cabin where he is a member. The guys ask him to bring the hamburger every time.

We also bought the Members Mark Baked Beans with Brisket. What a hit. People were taking pictures of the label because they liked it so much.

Have a great BBQ. It is just so nice to get together with friends and family and enjoy good food and good company.

Honored Contributor

The only 2 hot dogs I will eat is Nathan's or all beef Ball Park.  Nathan's is kosher and very good.

If it were me I would buy hamburger patties that are ground sirloin and not ground beef.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Regular Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  Nathan's hot dogs are not kosher - just all beef.  

Honored Contributor

@hgsuddle ..........The ones I have bought said kosher on the package.  Just going by what was on the package.

Regular Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wow really?  Where did you purchase them?  I have never seen a kosher Nathan's hot dog.

Honored Contributor

@hgsuddle .................well now Im second guessing myself but I could have swore that they were kosher.  I think they were bought at a Ingles, Walmart or Food Lion, its been a while.

If Im wrong, it will be the first time,    LMBO!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Sam's sells freshly ground beef (usually 85/15 I think) in their regular meat case. At my club they usually have pacakages of preformed patties available. The butchers there will even make a custom package for you. The price in my area is around 3$ per lb.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla , thank you so much!  I wrote down your suggestions.....hmmm and the baked beans...I am usually a scratch cook, but it sure would free me up if I could purchase premade beans.    I can make the dessert my self!