Honored Contributor

Re: SUMMER BY THE LAKE🌞

[ Edited ]

@Sassy7356 wrote:

Woolworth's lunch counter.

@Sassy7356   Oh my, what memories.Heart

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Image may contain: text that says 'Fall ISIN the air heather stillufsen @heatherrosehill'

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hullie wrote:

@Sassy7356 wrote:

Woolworth's lunch counter.

@Sassy7356 

I am just old enough and lived in a small Iowa town with a bustling Woolworths to remember sitting on a stool and getting a malt made in one of those shiny big silver tumblers. My mom would tell me that she worked there when she was young after school and on weekends. As a child I could always find something in one of the aisles to spend my ten cents on. 

@hullie   One of my favorite days, years ago, was the day after Christmas when I would go to Woolworth's and stock up on the lidded tins with wonderful Christmas scenes, practically free.  I ordered a hot dog from the counter which looked like this counter.

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: text that says 'Welcome To Monday September 21, 2020 I hope you know that every time I tell you to have a good day, have a good week, or be safe, what I'm really saying is, "I love you". HORSE'

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

hey all

know this will be probably my last post on this thread , don't we change formats to fall semester??? tomorrow or even tonight????

Puddles,I have lost track of all the hurricanes/tropical storms in the atlantic and gulf, even Portugal is creating one for us too. have not heard which way that one is moving. 

my blood pressure has really skyrocketed again, don't know why, it began this weekend, had let up somewhat but still high. why don't know. doing my 2miles a day, don't drink,don't smoke,water only, no salt (I have my 2oz of chips) doctor is aware. eat all things plain,don't cook with salt or any seasonsings at all.everything is plain,no taste. have given up with this blood pressure thingy.

the mess mayhem i created on saturday in the shed, dh was was able to make it work properly today, he got it straightened around, ahhhh so nice to see order once again in the shed.

found out today, my lawn man will snow remove in our developement if he get 6+ people to agree to snow plow (of course pay him X amount of money he requires per visit per household) if we have a bad  year for snow, will see what happens is all we can do.

ok guys, dh did 2 new runner rugs for the bathroom (master bath), they get stained easily from heavy usage. he got that done today.

ok guys see all later.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

3ed5644a386d95dd4ce3e304d3e0c4d5.jpg

@CherryHugs wrote:

3ed5644a386d95dd4ce3e304d3e0c4d5.jpg

@CherryHugs 

CherryHugs,   This is so true for me.   Cat Very HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.” ― Irish Blessings

Good Bye,  Summer!!

Honored Contributor

Monday's with Macondo #20 - Macondo Networks

Honored Contributor

"I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweet chill of pumpkin and crisp sunburnt leaves."