Honored Contributor

Snow predicted in NC maybe Friday night into Saturday. Hmmm, get out my Cuddleduds!!! LOL

Trusted Contributor

we can't buy snow in Northern Virgina for the last few years Smiley Sad  I miss it.  Would love a good snow storm.  Tired of just rain.  

Honored Contributor

Re: SNOW, MAYBE?

[ Edited ]

@eadu4  Pathetic isn't it... I don't even want a storm, just a half foot of quiet, pretty snow but all we get is more dreary skies and rain... I think we've seen sun once over the last week and a half... When everybody just a few miles away got actual snow a few weeks back, all we saw were a few flurries and then more rain... I'm beginning to think that if I ever want to see actual snow again, I'm going to have to head out... For heaven's sake, even folks further south of us see more snow than we do...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@eadu4 , you can have the snow we may be getting in E. central Pa. Mon. night /Tues.

Respected Contributor

We don't have anything to speak of by me, either.  But we've got several loooong, cold months ahead....it will come!

Honored Contributor

I'm in the metro-DC area and am thrilled that there's been no measurable snow yet.  But I've lived here long enough to know that February (and even March) can give us some whoppers!  I hate snow!

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb agreed!  I do understand those that don't like it.  I get it.  But I do love a storm.  love the peace of the falling snow.  The sparkling in the sun the next day.  I don't worry, I know Spring will come.  I know there are people that get worried about losing power, being trapped for days etc.  I've lost power before, and been snowed in for a while.  I lived in Northern Vt as a little girl and grew up in NH.    I saw blizzards, power loss etc. we got through it.  I only speak for myself.  I am not belittling anyones fear or dislike.  Again I get it.  I'm not asking for 12 storms of 4ft each lol.   Just this winter I would like to get one good snow storm.  

Honored Contributor

Re: SNOW, MAYBE?

[ Edited ]

@eadu4 wrote:

@stevieb agreed!  I do understand those that don't like it.  I get it.  But I do love a storm.  love the peace of the falling snow.  The sparkling in the sun the next day.  I don't worry, I know Spring will come.  I know there are people that get worried about losing power, being trapped for days etc.  I've lost power before, and been snowed in for a while.  I lived in Northern Vt as a little girl and grew up in NH.    I saw blizzards, power loss etc. we got through it.  I only speak for myself.  I am not belittling anyones fear or dislike.  Again I get it.  I'm not asking for 12 storms of 4ft each lol.   Just this winter I would like to get one good snow storm.  

@eadu4  I'm not as understanding as you... I don't get those who 'hate' it at all... I do get not wanting a ton of it all at once and I'm not at all a fan of white out conditions, blizzards that threaten essential services, motility and so on, but a quiet, gentle snow of several inches is, to me, calming and refreshing and really isn't a threat to anyone... Typically, things are manageable a day or two later... I often say I'd like each winter to have a few quiet but decent snowfalls of a half foot or so... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb exactly!  I'm not a fan of crisis weather, only that to me nothing beats the peace of watching a beautiful snowfall.  I love the large flakes!  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Still have lots of dirty snow and raining right now. Dirty snow plus rain equals slush, that is what's happening here right now. Heading out to skating in a couple hours. Will be a dirty drive. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)