Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I've been up watching 2 episodes of Sandition on youtube.  In that amount of time we have almost 1/2 of snow, but it hasn't stopped.  So far, it's big flakes.

Have fun.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Shanus 

Still have lots of dirty snow and raining right now. Dirty snow plus rain equals slush, that is what's happening here right now. Heading out to skating in a couple hours. Will be a dirty drive. 

hckynut 

@hckynut 

Here in NC we are famous for Black Ice.  UGH.

@Shanus 

Noooooooooooo!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@ECBG   What the heck are you doing up so late? ...almost 1:30AM? I woke up to a cold freezing rain,not the pretty snowI had hoped for. Maybe late afternoon it will change over to ice/rain and then into 1-2 inches of snow. I get so disappointed when their predictions are so far off. Bothered me more when I checked weather to judge what to wear to get out for the day. Now, not that much, since well not leaving home that often. 

Honored Contributor

Re: SNOW, MAYBE?

[ Edited ]

@Drythe   I'm in NC, too...Black ice is the pits!!! Killer roads. I never drive when they warn about it.

Most of the roads in town around or near our new Wegman's, set to open in just months, has my town in a tizzy. There are orange cones everywhere...changing traffic patterns and adding lanes...closing lanes to add turn lanes or re-pave the streets and adding signs with flag people blocking streets.... I assume there will be triple the amount of traffic getting to that store. Hopefully the novelty will wear off. The store is 2 miles from my house, where my neighborhood enters the main highway to go anywhere else. It will make getting out impossible!!!...BUT, oh I love that store. I shopped there when my kids lived in NoVA.

Honored Contributor

Re: SNOW, MAYBE?

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG   What the heck are you doing up so late? ...almost 1:30AM? I woke up to a cold freezing rain,not the pretty snowI had hoped for. Maybe late afternoon it will change over to ice/rain and then into 1-2 inches of snow. I get so disappointed when their predictions are so far off. Bothered me more when I checked weather to judge what to wear to get out for the day. Now, not that much, since well not leaving home that often. 

@Shanus 

Hi!  I'm a night owl.  Have always been since I can remember.  The early hours from the teaching schedule was quite a stretch for me.

Our snow just barely covers the grass.  Streets are bright and wet.  The our GS's are here and this is the place to sled.  Won't happen right now!

We're still forecast 4.1 inches today.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Just read that the northern edge of the front "crept" up a little further north so we didn't get hit with what was expected.  The Blue Ridge are supposed to get hit again.  I don't know the other locations.

This site does hourly updates.

https://weatherstreet.com/weather-forecast/north-carolina-snow-cover.htm

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@eadu4 , you can have the snow we may be getting in E. central Pa. Mon. night /Tues.

@catter70 

Did this system dump on you?  We didn't get what was expected.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Just watched the weather.  The system went up around Brasstown and dumped which is located at the most western tip of NC.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG , the storm we were to get Mon. into Tues. looks like it will miss us just like this one missed us that you got yesterday or so in the Carolina's. Of course, things can change as Mother Nature does what she wants. 

Honored Contributor

Fingers and toes crossed for the precipitation that the forecasters are "promising" for New Mexico.  Storm will move east to Texas and beyond.

We need some moisture here in the high desert.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~