Honored Contributor

*****SHABBAT SHALOM JULY 7TH*****

Good Morning and Shabbat Shalom to those who observe.

Welcome to this inclusive thread. Please join us on Fridays for friendship, share your stories, disgustingly hot weather, reports, sorrows....we're here to listen.

This week we packed up and donated boxes of kitchen things and extra linens for to be sent to Ukraine. A box of towels went to the animal shelter, too. It was a fruitful few days off for July 4th.

DH is going to begin going to the office 4 days a week...Fridays off. He'll see how it goes and then maybe after taxes, cut back to 3 days there. Lovely for him to have a few days home, but uh, how will I like him hanging around? Lol Anyone with semi-retired DHs please advise.

WOW! Awful heat, humidity and dangerous air quality the next 5-7 days. Please stay in if possible and extra hydrated if you have to be out. I went out at 6 with Molly and my flashlight and it was like gettting slapped in the face with a wet washcloth when I opened the door. Awful!!! I got in my 45 minutes of walking and that was enough.

The youngest grandaughter is spending the night tomorrow, but the last thing on my mind is standing over a big pot of boiling water to watch her requested matza balls float to the top. We'll most likely bring in pizza. 

Those in the know, my two front teeth are on the way from the lab in CA and will be here next week. Oh Goodie...another dentist appt. with nitrous and Xanax!!!

Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend. Pray for peace and safety so we can go everywhere without fear. 

ShanusHeart

Honored Contributor

Re: *****SHABBAT SHALOM JULY 7TH*****

Enjoy Your Weekend! summer bear weekend friday sunday saturday graphic happy weekend weekend greeting end of the week Weekend Gif, Weekend Images, Happy Weekend Quotes, Weekend Party, Happy Friday, Good Morning Sister, Good Morning Saturday, Let The Weekend Begin, Enjoy Your Weekend

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos, stay safe and healthy !!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

FB_IMG_1688755877140.jpgShabbat Shalom and Happy Weekend! Our weather has cooled a bit, especially the humidity is much lower. Already wishing for Fall!

@Shanus, Oy vey ... retirement & togetherness ... In the beginning it was nice. Then as winter came along, being stuck in the house was not fun! On the bright side DH is very good at running errands. Spring & summer he loves to fish on his boat & is in a local fishing club. I have good coffee/lunches with friends & shopping trips .  You'll be fine!

Everyone enjoy the weekend & stay healthy!

FB_IMG_1688755606510.jpg

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

Happy weekend and Good Shabbos. Smiley Happy

@Shanus  much good luck at the dentist.   Thank you for this week's thread. Smiley Happy 

This week, in central NY, was HOT and HUMID. What is up with that?  That is NOT our usual weather at this time of year.   I am cranky..........okay, crankier than usual.........in the heat and humidity. LOL  Thank goodness for Mr. Carrier, of Carrier a/c.   

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and week ahead.  

Enjoy this cool summer treat!  Mangia! 
National Strawberry Sundae Day - July 7, 2023 - Happy Days 365

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

Were you Sunny on the older threads?  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Hi everone,

I  completely forgot to post this weekend.

We had company and lots happening and it just slipped my mind.

I am worried about everyone in the heat. Please be very cautious.

@Shanus , I am so happy your teeth are on their way!

Have a good safe, happy, healthy week all.

Honored Contributor

We were away last week on our annual family OBX Vacation. It was thoroughly enjoyable...great food, great beach and ocean, and great family time together. 

Now back to reality!

Hope your week is enjoyable.Vacation GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Respected Contributor

@DREAMON ----showing my age and or ignorance.

So what is OMX?

Happy you had a great time!

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

@DREAMON ----showing my age and or ignorance.

So what is OMX?

Happy you had a great time!

@hennypenny ,

It's  The Outer Banks (they call it OBX)...which is a string of Barrier Islands off  the coast of North Carolina...Cape Hatteras etc.

We go there at least 2x a year. We have been vacationing there for many years.