Honored Contributor

*****SHABBAT SHALOM JULY 14th*****

Shabbat Shalom and Happy Friday!!  

Thanks to everyone who joins us here each week for this inclusive thread. We want to hear about your weekend plans, your losses so we can sympathize and offer friendship to you and anything you'd like to share.

It's very, extraordinarily hot with thunder storms again the next few days. Prayers for those in Vermont and

other parts of the country experienceing devastating weather.

YAY!!! My permanent front teeth went in yesterday...with nitrous, Xanax and lots of injections. One front tooth broke off on Mother's Day (think I wrote about it here) and then followed by a root canal and a post added that day to hold that piece of tooth in place until the next day.  On Monday, the dentist replaced it with a "temp" and I waited a month for it to heal and the post to stay put. After the month, that "temp" was replaced with TWO temporary front teeth...the second one pulled and would stabilize the original one with the post. So, another month passed and yesterday my permanent teeth were placed in....with nitrous (always), more Xanax and lots of injections again. I have a nice smile back and although tired and mouth sore, I'm so excited it's finally over after two months. YAY again! As a dental phobe, it was a harrowing ordeal. Amen that it's over and thanks to my endodontist and dentist who came to

the office on Mother's Day weekend to fix me up. 

My plans for the weekend are cleaning the house for family due on Thursday for my 75th birthday....WITH teeth. I look in the mirror and still see a younger woman...definitely don't feel my age and am so grateful I reached this milestone. My kids are here Sunday

for my nite out with steak and lobster dinner .... cut in tiny pieces for me. Lol

If you read through all this, God bless you.

Wishing everyone a relaxing and safe weekend with family and/or friends. Cherish each one...

Love to all

ShanusHeart

Honored Contributor

Re: *****SHABBAT SHALOM JULY 14th*****

Happy Friday Funny - Smile! It

Have A Great Weekend Tinker Bell GIF

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone.

@Shanus Congratulations on your new teeth!  Wishing you the most HAPPY BIRTHDAY and enjoyable time with your family.   With luck, good genes and a great attitude,  it is WE who define our age.  I had a long discussion with someone last weekend about that.  She was lamenting the fact that she just turned 70....  but looked at least 10 years younger and had an even younger attitude and sense of adventure.     Keep going at your speed and appreciate all that you have and that you've done and will do in the future.

HUGS TO YOU.

We are making dinner and Pina Coladas tomorrow night for two very good friends.  I'm making baby back ribs,  cole slaw, broccoli souffle and corn bread.  They are bringing dessert!   My husband makes the best Pina Coladas and everyone who comes to our house asks for them!   Looking forward to it.

Wishing everyone a safe & happy weekend.  Enjoy.  xoxo

Honored Contributor

Happy weekend, hot one !! Good Shabbos to everyone. 

Honored Contributor

It has been extremely hot and humid here this week..and more to come with storms.

Hope your weekend and week ahead is joyful!

This humidity is a Hair Killer!

Tired Groggy GIF - Tired Groggy Sleepy GIFs

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus ,

Bet the best present you received was your new teeth. I know it would be mine. Enjoy your family time together!

Happy 75th Birthday Animated GIFs - Download on Funimada.com

Honored Contributor

@nyc1   Thanks for your good wishes and sage advice. I've always believed you're as young as you feel...looking younger is only a plus.

Your dinner sounds delicious...Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend.

Honored Contributor

Shanus, happy 75th, enjoy it to the fullest. I had an implant done last summer, piece of cake, just time consuming, Mazel tov !!

Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and Happy Weekend!

@Shanus, wonderful news about your new teeth & beautiful smile, just in time for your 75th birthday. Have a wonderful celebration!

What a delicious dinner menu, @nyc1. Have a nice time with your friends!

The weather has been just terrible, especially the heat. Plus the thunderstorms and tornados. Prayers to those who have been affected.

FB_IMG_1689349739933.jpg

Honored Contributor

Thanks to everyone who sent birthday wishes. I have my Sunday night and Thursday outfits planned. Eyelet on Shanus? Change is good, right?