Regular Contributor

Re: *****SHABBAT SHALOM DEC. 23RD*****

Good Shabbos and Happy Chanukah!  Since we are a family comprised of people from different faith backgrounds and traditions, we are having a combined Christmas/Chanukah party this weekend.  (Christmasukkah?)  Can't wait to get together with my loved ones.  

BTW - Like @Shanus , I collect Menorahs!  I saw a clay one at Target on-liine this year, but it was sold out before I got a chance to order.  Oh, well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dmod nj ,

My Mom made Struffoli every Christmas. She made them with Wine.

As a toddler I couldn't say Struffoli so I called them Wine Balls...to this day my entire family refers to them as Wine Balls.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@sunala ,

Thinking of you this Holiday Season and wishing you the best. 

Trusted Contributor

Good Shabbos & Happy Chanukah!!  Luckily we had a big Chanukah party the first night; then everybody got sick.  Nephew & his gf who came from London both have Covid.  Little nephew is feeling sickly.  Everybody is isolating in bedrooms.

Thank God my Dad is doing OK at home.  I visit as much as I can; the weather is preventing much activity right now.  It's -14 with a wind chill of about -45.  I've been making lots of phone calls.

Hope you all have a great holiday!Heart

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

@kutira, So sorry your family is going through Holiday Sickness. My DD had the Flu on Thanksgiving …the saying It’s Always Something is so true. Hope you all feel better soon.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj   Such a wonderful post, thank you. I love that dessert, too. I had it in Italy when we were traveling in Europe. We had a seat at a counter in a wonderful restaurant and the women serving us explained the "ordeal" of how they're prepared....broken English, of course. They were delicious and difficult to stop eating once we started. Your photo brought back so many memories.

Honored Contributor

@kutira   Hope everyone recovers quickly. What a bummer at the holidays!!