Honored Contributor

*****SHABBAT SHALOM APRIL 26TH*****

Good morning and Happy Friday! All are invited to join us on this inclusive thread at the end of the week.

We had a great dinner out last night....love a break any day from cooking. Granddaughters spending the weekend and they love to cook anything from meals to baking and the older one makes delicious concoctions. Of course, Passover puts a dent in the menus, but I managed last night w/ steak, salad & a baked potato...the bread basket, well I asked the wait person to take it away.

I'm heartsick about what's happening on college campuses. The potential for violence is imminent. Now more than before my Star of David necklace is worn under my clothing and my Girls gave theirs to my DIL for safe keeping. I grew up with terrible antisemitism when my family moved south 70 yrs. ago and here we go again. Some things just never change.

I'm busy getting some paintings finished and a new watercolor series is started for a gallery show next month. This is my first show and a little daunting. 

I wish all a relaxing and safe weekend. I hope you have wonderful weather and can open a window, take a walk, breathe the air and be grateful for your blessings.

Shanus Heart

Pin by Susan Perets on Shabbat Shalom Messages _ Shabbat shalom images, Shabbat shalom, Happy new year gif.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: *****SHABBAT SHALOM APRIL 26TH*****

Everyone,

Hello My Friend! Have A Great Weekend | Weekend greetings, Weekend quotes,  Good day quotes

Respected Contributor

Good morning all.   Please stay safe and be happy.   @Shanus They interviewed several students on the campuses and they didn't even know why they were protesting!  If you look at the tents,  they are all THE SAME.  This is being funded from some very wealthy people,  and attended by a lot of regular trouble makers who go from one protest to another.  It is scarey,  shameful and cannot be ignored.

Wishing you all a good weekend and week to come.  We will be on vacation so I may not post,  but I'll be thinking of you all and sending hugs!

Honored Contributor

@nyc1   ITA about the tents and funding. Some folks just like to join a protest...any protest. Jail time is not a good thing on a college resume. when looking for employment. Free speech has limits. 

Respected Contributor

Good Shabbos and Happy Weekend to ALL!!

🎶🎶🎶 "Again in your name we will smile and go forward, and we will remember them all".   🎶🎶🎶

The Friendship, 1948

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart" Anne Frank
Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos, and Passover weekend too. We just need peace too !!!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@nyc1   ITA about the tents and funding. Some folks just like to join a protest...any protest. Jail time is not a good thing on a college resume. when looking for employment. Free speech has limits. 

@Shanus   I read this morning that some of the leaders of these protests are actually being PAID to head them up!!!!   To cause such HATE and DANGER because you are being PAID TO DO SO......   especially when there are so many sheep who will join any bandwagon. 

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus   I read this morning that some of the leaders of these protests are actually being PAID to head them up!!!!   To cause such HATE and DANGER because you are being PAID TO DO SO......   especially when there are so many sheep who will join any bandwagon. 

Yes, word has it that there is one man behind it all and paying people and buying the tents, etc. Read it today in the NY Post. Makes sense, dont you find it odd that the different colleges all using tents that all look the same ?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus - You are so talented in so many ways! And your granddaughters are so blessed to be able to be with you.

Like you and so many others, my heart aches at what is happening. I heard on the news coming home that Emory University is also having problems. Students attending the school of theology there are inside praying. 

I also agree with others that professionals with money are spearheading this. I watched an interview with a student who was willing to talk to the press. She was a typical student, pretty and seemed nice, but she was holding a sign. She didn't know what she was chanting meant. She didn't know what river and sea they meant. She didn't know the countries involved. 

Something has to give. I will keep praying. 

Have a wonderful weekend preparing for your first show! I can't wait to hear how it went!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and Happy Weekend!  No exciting plans for the weekend.  With rain and storms heading in it'll be good to stay in and putter around the house.  Everyone be safe and join in prayer for us to co-exist in peace 🌈🙏.

FB_IMG_1714157219498.jpg