Honored Contributor

Re: *****SHABBAT SHALOM APRIL 26TH*****

I'd mentioned on the previous thread that my Northern California alma mater was in the news because of the protest.

I've seen even more photos of the extensive vandalism on campus.  Clearly these students have learned nothing other than how to use a can of spray paint.

The interiors and exteriors of the university's structures have been defaced.

The campus is closed for the remainder of the semester.

Let's just say the school is not in my will.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

Good morning all.   Please stay safe and be happy.   @Shanus They interviewed several students on the campuses and they didn't even know why they were protesting! 

Our future doctors, lawyers, CEOs and politicians.

Whee.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Occasional Contributor

Good Shabbos and Happy Pesach to everyone!    These days are tough.....bur we are strong!!  And I have to admit, I am wearing even MORE of my Judaica these days!!

Honored Contributor

We were away for a few days in the OBX. Very windy and cold temps but we made the best of it. 

I just don't know what to say about what is happening in this country with protesting. I think I am in disbelief.

Hope the week ahead is peaceful and safe for everyone.Lakeland Care - May you enjoy a happy peaceful week filled ...

Honored Contributor

Well, our campus can join the tented protest list. Yesterday I wanted to take the Girls and Molly on campus for a walk, go to the student store for UNC tees and sweatshirts...their favorite way to spend several hours. The news showed the many colored tents taking up the center of campus...chanting, signs held in the air. 

I have great fear for them growing up with this type of atmosphere and not feeling safe being Jewish. Before all this, I just feared shootings at school. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How much of it is protest and how much of it is,"Lets play "70's"?

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1   There's a thing known as "mob unity". Some students on the news had signs that did not apply and others were asked about the chanting and they didn't know what the words meant. They are just there to be a part of something....anything.

Honored Contributor

Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything.

Honored Contributor

There is an old C&W song that says,"You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything."

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so saddened by all these school protests of late.  I wonder what in the world these kids must be thinking.  I honestly never thought I'd see such times in America.😔