Honored Contributor

SEPTEMBER 2015 - Back Fence

[ Edited ]

Welcome to September, Back Fencers. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: SEPTEMBER 2015 - Back Fence

Nice and cool this morning here in Sou Cal and temps not expected to go above 90 - maybe not even that. Now I can deal with that.

"Davey says he does not feel good so am waiting for Urgent Care to open. He has developed such an attitude quite frankly I must wonder if he doesn't have a test or something at school. LOL. Later will call his counselor as I had already planned to do that - he is NOT doing well and school has only been in session going on the third week. This is ridiculous.

Blueberry bagels again people - they are really good and of course I also brought along some coffee.Dig in.

Hope all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

Hi Freddie - I'm sorry that the school year is off to a rocky start for Davey.  

Trusted Contributor

Hi all!!!!,

Gee whiz, I thought Sept. Would mean cooler weather,guess not!!!! 93 deg. Today and tomorrow. 

still having a lot of pain,saw Dr. Yesterday and am on steroids. not at all crazy about them but desperate. it's only for a week. 

still busy at the homesteed. Calling the painter today to decide on start date to paint our downstairs and stairs and upstairs hallway. Had no idea what to do, as our floor plan is very open. we love it but have no idea what to do with it so I called the paint store. the owner is a designer and paid her for an hour, she was here for hour and a half!! Picked out three colors to go with.Ne t step is to make appt. with painter to go to carpet wholesaler to pick out new carpet. We are redoing carpet on main floor and up stairs two bedrooms.

That is it for a long while!!!!  Have to put back all this money we are spending. It will be well worth it I Know.

Hope everyone is well. 

sorry Winifred, agree a meeting at school is called for. You are a saint for all you do for yout family!!!!

Birdmama, Hope things are better at work for you. Queen, have you tried the peach and blueberry crisp yet? try it while you can still get  good peaches, it's REALLY GREAT!

Talk to you all later....

Respected Contributor

Davey was truly sick - not bad, but they said to stay home for ONE day. LOL. He has a stomach virus of some kind - and I think his biggest problem is his eating habits. He did get a nice lecture - and it was nice, but they stressed getting a better handle on good eating. He just woke up after sleeping most of the day. Have started fixing some homemade chicken soup using the chicken broth and not pieces of meat. Cut up carrots and have peas in the pot with the broth and rice. Wonder how it will taste? Well if not the best - have not made that stuff in probably 30 years - I have 3 cans of chicken and stars soup as a backup. LOL.

Got a tad warmer than the experts said and they probably did not tell the truth about the next couple days either. Going down to 51 tonight and tomorrow - YEAH!!!!!! - and highs of 80 both days. Do not think I will hold my breath but that is what it is suppose to be.

Just brought the two grandcats in from their outside condo - they are super happy but actually they do very well out there.

My house has been somewhat clean for two days now - one of the reasons perhaps is that Davey and I are the only two legged people who have been here - sure helps when the house is not quite as full as usual. The change is coming as Tessa and her Mom should be here a bit later - the quiet was heavenly while it lasted.

Epi, hang in there - you WILL get cooler weather. Do wish your pain would ease up a lot faster - you all are certainly doing a lot of work there I do NOT envy you.

Hope all are having a great day!

Honored Contributor

Epi, it's hot here.  Not as hot as 93, but upper 80's with thick humidity - blah.  Are you on steriods for your GI issues?  I apologize if you mentioned the source of your pain - sometimes I have a hard time keeping things straight when my work responsibilities are hectic.

All of your home improvement activities are so exciting.  I need new carpet in 2 places - family room and upstairs stairwell and upstairs hall.  Everything else is hard wood or linoleum/tile (whatever lol).

Freddie, I hope Davey is feeling better.  It's going to be hard to get him to eat right when he spent the beginning of his life eating wrong.  Sorry the other two are descending on your house again :-)

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama, I am on steriods for pain. I always have pain, I have had it for at least 15 yrs. I have fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, coccyx pain, and had back surgery. sometimes it just all flares at once. but,mat of the time I manage. have no choice and I always tryo think I'm way better off than a lot of folks!!!

I a so looking forward to having this work done.I am starting to take things off the walls,and going through "stuff", it's a good time to get rid of things we just don't use and take up space and extra cleaning,LOL,That I don't need.

Ourheat is worse by the high humidity also....

Honored Contributor

Janey Mack!

Epi you have the trifecta  - RA, OA and bad back.  I'd throw in the tailbone but I don't know what is greater than trifecta (honestly).

Your house is going to be so beautiful when it's all done (not saying it's bad now).  I have been looking at the wallpaper that starts in the upstairs hall, goes down the stairway and goes into the entrace hall.  The lady who owned the house before me was a school teacher who likely did this work on summer break.  I wash my walls and have been known to hang a mean wallpaper, however looking at that job just takes the wind out of my sails.

I've thought more than once about hiring that job out - really, I don't need to kill myself trying to hang wall paper over a flight of stairs - even with a little giant ladder.

Trusted Contributor

Oops looks like I posted on August bf.   Honestly.   Thought I was watching it. Lol

Honored Contributor

Here's Sue's post from September 2

Greetings all. Well, my appt. with my rheumatologist went stupendously. I was so impressed with him, his nurse and the speediness with which I was ushered into the office and his subsequent appearaqnce. He looks to be about 18 well that's a slight exaggeration more like 28 Smiley Wink but he is very bright, very professional not to mention very nice. He asked various questions, a few pokes and prods of my joints commented on my previous lab reports and made some further comments about those results and said he wanted a more comprehensive lab workup before prescribing as some of my labs could be from my lung disease and not RA and he wants to be sure to prescribe the appropriate drug as the wrong one can actually cause a lung disease. The nurse came in and drew blood and then I was sent up to the X-Ray dept to have my hands X-rayed. The wait there was very long, but at least I had a good book and an ongoing dialogue from another patient on the remodel of her home which I had a bit of interest in as though it was a verbal version of HGTV the TV version which I was missing at the time. I actually only half understood the last chapter of the book I was reading as I was combining murder with bathroom backsplashes Smiley Frustrated

I thought Jim was going to have a heart attack this afternoon when he opened the mail and saw that our water bill was over $130.00! He called the city and they checked and said it was posted correctly and that they'd send someone out to double check, but in the meantime Jim checked under our house and saw water standing and realized we indeed had a water leak. We'd had one a few years ago and a pipe had to be replaced and I'm sure that's what will be required this time as well as our house is an older one and seems to always be needing some repair.....sorta like us Smiley Wink

Happy Hump Day all. Sue