Honored Contributor

strange that iced tea doesnt have free refills? everywhere we go iced tea is unlimited. usually sodas are also.

yes, there is a difference between a carafe and a glass of wine.....maybe you should hve mentioned it when she first brought it? "we didnt order a carafe, we ordered a glass."

as long as she took care of removing all of the issues on your check , i would not worry about it. if you want to comment further, leave a facebook, yelp, google review and mention these things. companies do read them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It must be a Texas thing.  It isn't the norm in Oklahoma and Arkasnas that I know of.

Why would you want vegetables?  That means you can't eat as much meat. . . Which is the point of bbq.  It's like why would you want a sandwich if you had a fork? 

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

We have eaten in this restaurant several times before. Tonight it wasn't nearly as crowded as before.

The waitress was not new. She had been doing this job for years.  I think that is why she tried to get us to order drinks before we saw the menu. It worked on my husband. He looked at the wine list after he saw how much the wine was.

Good Idea- we will check the credit card charge. 

I'm confused.  You say the waitress was not new and been doing it for years and that's why you think she tried to get you to order drinks before you saw the menu?  I do not get the connection.  And you didn't check the credit charge?  With all the issues that's the one thing I would have done.

Esteemed Contributor

Her mind may have been elsewhere.

Maybe a loved one is sick, and possibly in the hospital, and she is worried about them.

Maybe she had a fight before work with her s/o.

I'd cut her some slack, especially if all the other times that you have been at this restaurant, she service has been good.

After she is a human being, and no human being does their job perfectly 100% of the time.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@SharkE , are the onions cooked or raw? That´s a new one for me.

@Sage04    I like Vidalia onions on bbq, hamburgers, about anything LOL

raw.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

It must be a Texas thing.  It isn't the norm in Oklahoma and Arkasnas that I know of.

Why would you want vegetables?  That means you can't eat as much meat. . . Which is the point of bbq.  It's like why would you want a sandwich if you had a fork? 

Not Tx. Ind, where I come from. BBQ is usually served on rye bread too up there. I gave up on Rye bread long time ago. LOL They don't know what it is.

Another weird thing in Tx when we first moved here they said "you want beans in your chili"?   What ? what else is there ? LOL  I thought what a stupid question, then, after yrs down here I figured out Tx chili is just meat.

Every place has it's own cultural menus.   Like, too, I call that steak that looks like hamburger 'minute' steak, down here, the butcher said "what"?

Then, he said "oh you mean cube steak". OK. LOL

The meat in a chili base up in Ind is called 'chili roll' , down here it's chili brick.

Esteemed Contributor

DH & I go out to dinner often. If I have an issue with anything I expect the waiter/waitress to handle it.If I’m not satisfied with their handling of the situation I ask for a manager.

Eating out isn’t cheap.We go out to relax & spend time together.If the service is unsatisfactory that causes stress which defeats the purpose of going out.Luckily, it doesn’t happen often.

Respected Contributor

Re: Restaurant question

[ Edited ]

@SharkE 

We have a saying in Texas:

If you know beans about chili, you know there are NO beans in chili. 

I love pinto beans, red beans but I don't want them in my chili.   Texas thing.

I've never heard of chili brick.   

Respected Contributor

Why on earth didn't you say anything? I would have asked to talk to a manager.

Respected Contributor

Why did your husband accept a carafe if he ordered a glass???