Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I dislike the uncomfortable dog days of August, but l hate the dead of winter even more. Six months from now, l might be starting a thread titled REALLY TIRED OF WINTER. Lol.

Handy @handygal2 I think the problem is two-fold... First, if the weather where you are is like the weather where I am it seems like instead of four distinct seasons we're increasingly getting slight variations of two: summer and winter... So yea, I get thoroughly sick of both of them... It seems like fall and spring are sort of in there somewhere, but not like they used to be... The other factor for me is that the 'dog days' are no longer limited to the end of August... July was hellacious around here... Could barely stand to go outside at all, so the pool and so on were really not even options... Actually, early August was 'nice', by comparison anyway, but now it appears we're back to the sauna... I always liked June but it seems summer goes quickly downhill afterwards...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@apple1964   Haven’t is the abbreviation for have not. 

Whatever! It is spelled wrong check your spelling. In that sentence it should read 'have not." Enough said with this already it is getting boring.

@Shanus.  Unbelievable isn’t it? LOL, Someone needs to go back to school.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@apple1964   Haven’t is the abbreviation for have not. 

Whatever! It is spelled wrong check your spelling. In that sentence it should read 'have not." Enough said with this already it is getting boring.

@Shanus.  Unbelievable isn’t it? LOL, Someone needs to go back to school.

@proudlyfromNJ   ....or turn off spell check. Oddly, it’s not always correct. Better yet, just read the posts and replies and don’t worry about the grammar or spelling. It’s off topic and holds up the thread. Thanks. 🌼

Honored Contributor

@Shanus.  I agree 100%.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Shanus.  I agree 100%.

@proudlyfromNJ   ...and you are up North!!!

Honored Contributor

My parents lived in FL for 15 yrs. caring for my Grandmother in between their stints in NC. No offense to Floridians, but visiting there was awful. I usually went during Christmas vacation or spring break to take the kids and weather was the same either season. No snow, no fall leaves, just hot all year. 

After living in NC most of their life, when Nana passed away, they happily moved back here and enjoyed 4 seasons.