Honored Contributor

I will take summer over snow and ice any day of the week.  Last winter was rough and I really don't like the thought of another like that.  

Respected Contributor

I live in Florida so I hate both spring (does not exist) and summer.  Just sweating, fighting mosquitos, and humidity.  Nothing good about it.  From April to October is just brutal and all you can do is stay in the house under air conditioning. 

Contributor

I'm a summer girl all the way.  Love everything about it. The sunshine, the long days, the hot summer nights.  Love dining al fresco, outdoor music and theatre, boating, swimming, outdoor tennis, golf, sitting on the porch.  Love wearing sandals, shorts and sleeveless dresses.  Spring is second best.  Fall, with the days getting shorter and a chill in the air is downright depressing to me.  Only football salvages fall. Bring on summer and may it stick around a long, long time!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

From the title, you can guess this is my least favorite season...heat, humidity, sunburn and nothing to wear except “nothing” to keep cool.

I’m waiting impatiently for the fall leaves. Anyone else?

I am with you.... I wish fall would last longer. And you forgot the bugs.. leave us not forget the bugs. I do not know how  people can stand living in this heat all year around. The sun gives you wrinkles and skin cancer. But, some people seem to forget that. Woman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I live in Florida so I hate both spring (does not exist) and summer.  Just sweating, fighting mosquitos, and humidity.  Nothing good about it.  From April to October is just brutal and all you can do is stay in the house under air conditioning. 

Well good luck to you. I lived in Delray beach for two years and hated every moment of it. The climate is horrible and so are the bugs.

Honored Contributor

@Frodo wrote:

I’m in Charleston SC and summer starts early April /May and the heat and the humidity is getting old by mid August .  Our autumn is beautiful though with temps moderating and beautiful Carolina blue skies.

@Frodo   We often travel to Charleston for a 4 day getaway. We either go in October or have visited in the dead of winter (weather warmer than NC) and enjoyed both  seasons. We went for a wedding in mid-August and the humidity was stifling!!!

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

I hate winter, everything about it, so I am not tired of summer give me heat anytime.

@CLHS68   Except for a few, very occasional storms, the NC winters have become more mild. I don’t think I even wore my heaviest coat last year.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

From the title, you can guess this is my least favorite season...heat, humidity, sunburn and nothing to wear except “nothing” to keep cool.

I’m waiting impatiently for the fall leaves. Anyone else?

Me too!  I hate the humidity and the summers in the Southeast.  I want to smell fall in the air!

@GSPgirl ....and in the dead of winter, sleep w/ my windows opened! Ah!!!

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I am so ready for autumn. I feel the end of summer  now. I hear the cicadas humming ,and I see some break in the awful heat..I can't wait for Sept. I have always been this way

When the days start to shorten a bit, I feel like I come alive once again

@cherry   I miss fall/winter after dinner walks w/ DH and Molly. It doesn’t cool off enough until after 8PM! 

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I will take summer over snow and ice any day of the week.  Last winter was rough and I really don't like the thought of another like that.  

@CalminHeart   Of course, if we lived in an area w/ harsh winters, I’d be less anxious for snow and ice.